What are jackson single coils like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are jackson single coils like?

i am in the process of picking up one of strangletooths SL-1s and it has two Jackson singles in there. They have pole pieces so dont look like the covered active pickups ive seen before, but im clueless about these.

Any ideas?

James

Re: What are jackson single coils like?

They should be a true single coil, J100. The J200 are the covered ones that are actually stacked humbuckers.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

J-100s ay? how do they sound compared to the classic stacks that are stock on the new soloists? Heres a pic...

thanks

James

Comment

I don't know how they sound, as I only had a Charvel Model 6 with two J200s. The ones on the newer Soloists are Duncans, so I'm not sure how they really compare. Maybe Charvel750 or someone else could give you a good sound comparison.
        That's a very sweet guitar, BTW! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[ May 17, 2003, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They sound very much like a good Fender single coil. I like the J100s.

Comment

thanks guys, pats been a pleasure to deal with over all this so im over the moon at the moment.

Ill give them a trial when this deal finally gets totally sorted and make a decision then, but i think ill change the bridge humbucker (since im not a fan of the dimebucker), then get my BC Rich setup, then worry about the rest.

thanks again

James

Comment

Working...
            X