inlay materials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inlay materials?

I am considering getting a custom guitar done in the future. My question is can Abalone sharkfins be done? I also noticed mirrored sharkfins which sounds cool, but do these scuff up and then look crappy?

Re: inlay materials?

Abalone sharkfins can most certainly be done! Example:

Comment

Abalone logos are cool too:

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

cool thanx for posting the pics, I was planning on getting Abalone sharkfins and logo, but the custom form only has the option for the logo. They have abalone flames listed but not the sharkfins. Coulda sworn I saw it listed before.

Comment

IIRC there's a "Fingerboard Inlay" option or something similar that lets you sub abalone for MOP.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Yeah there's an "Abalone fins instead of MOP" or something in one of the drop down lists.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Right under the inlay style, to be precise. 60$ upcharge IIRC [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a simple yes could have done instead of making me very jealous [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Man, I can't get enough of looking at that axe. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sh*t...we've gotta stop posting that archtop.....it makes me so damn weak! That one and the one Curt traded to Newc who traded to Matt from Ventt, who traded to Justin of JCF Guitars who sold......
                    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                    RIP Dime

Comment

I wonder if on a custom order you can specify the general color of the abalone.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I wonder if on a custom order you can specify the general color of the abalone.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like, dominantly green or blue, for example?

I think you could possibly. But I don't think they'd order a whole new batch of abalone just to fill your order.
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeah, there are purple, red, blue, gold, rainbow, black, all sorts of colors that would be cool to have available so you can match them to the color of your guitar. Gold would look killer on a amber flametop example.

Comment

Working...
                          X