Flame maple top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame maple top

Question: Is the top on a translucent SL1 or SL2H, a veneer or a real top? What's the difference? Also, the SL2H-MAH says 1/8" Flame maple top in some descriptions (Dealer descriptions), but at the Jackson site, says it's a flame maple veneer. Is there truly a difference between the SL2H-MAH and the SL2H top-wise?
    Thanks

Re: Flame maple top

Technically, any time you attach a piece of maple to the top of a guitar, it is a veneer regardless of thickness.
    The Jacksons are all 1/8" tops.

Comment

Thanks Chuck -That's kind of what I thought, and then I ran across this auction. SL2H-MAH Auction The guy states in there that his SL2H-MAH has a 1/8" maple top vs. the "standard veneer" on a regular soloist. I questioned him on it because the Jackson site for any translucent soloist (SL1, SL2H and SL2H-MAH)states "Flame Maple Veneer". He responded that it was a typo on the Jackson site and even states that in his auction now. He also sent me this link from Online Stage Gear SL2H-MAH and states that Online Stage Gear took that page from the Jackson site, pics and all. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So he tells me then that "That link I sent is an older
      page straight from Jackson from when that guitar came out a year and a half ago... So I'm quoting JACKSON GUITARS not OnlineStage gear...". I'm just curious on the truth, as I thought any US made soloist had a 1/8" top. (I did not know that any top would be considered a veneer) and the imports had the thin veneer. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      EDIT***Also, Those pics and description look like Matts work to me, not Jackson. His pics always look really clear, lots of detail and white background.

[ May 18, 2003, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Hotrod ]

Comment

The SL2H MAH has an 1/8" top and the SlatQH has a 3/4" top. The other models have somewhere near 1/16" tops on transparent colors.

Matt

Comment

Dagnabbit! Wrong again!
          Thanks, Matt.

Comment

Working...
          X