Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pencilsketch's pencilsketch Jackson.. Sweet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pencilsketch's pencilsketch Jackson.. Sweet...

Here are the pic's of Pencilsketch's SL2H.. Looks pretty sweet to me, the pics ar a little small but you'll get the idea..

Nice guitar Pencilsketch.. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Pencilsketch\'s pencilsketch Jackson.. Sweet...

SO regarding the "...of 3 ever made..." - is that only 3 pencilsketch graphics ever, or just 3 of one particular graphic?
    If it's 3 pencilsketches ever, then that would be the Rhoads, the Gargoyle, and the Indian w/Hatchets, right?
    http://www.autumn-frost.com/album/28...n_Hatchets.jpg

Or is that a charcoal? Or paint? What about the Skeleton's Ball? Charcoal? Paint? Somebody fill me in on the 3 pencilsketches thing.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm thinking it's 3 pencilsketch Soloist's. I've seen at least 1 maybe 2 pencilsketch bolt on US Jackson's in the past few years that were similar to that graphic.

- Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

I hope somebody can clear this up. This guitar looks like one of those that a person only dreams of finding one day and this guy bought it at a local guitar store!! Whats up with that? He is bringing it over tonight to my house. I am going to take detailed pics of it and hopefully one of the Jackson guru's can give us all the lowdown on this incredible guitar.

Comment

Well, he brought the pencil sketch gargoyle over and I took a slew of pics with my half way decent digital camera. My website doesn't allow pics being linked so here is a link to my website photo page with the pics of this unbelievable guitar: http://www.cage.scriptmania.com/photo4.html

It is in 9.5 condition and it plays and sounds as good as it looks. Serial # is J 5772 stamped on the fret board. In the trem spring cavity it has a factory stamping under a clear coat. Handwritten in it says:
          Floyd Rose
          VT5W
          Any help on info on this guitar is greatly appreciated. I told "pencilsketch" that the members on this board are the real deal and if they don't know than nobody does. Enjoy the pics. Sorry fot the pop ups but that is part of the deal with my free webspace.

Comment

Oh yea, I forgot to mention the following:
            It has EMG's in it.
            The pickup selector switch has double the contacts that a regular strat type switch has. I think it is called a Jackson super switch. It is a 5 position. 1+2 are both the bridge. 3 is both neck and bridge. 4+5 are both the neck. I found that to be suspect. Also there is a solder puddle on the trem claw and a little screw hole in the control cavity which looks like that typical Jackson ground lug would have been there. My guess is that it didn't come from the factory with EMG's in it.I guess that really doesn't matter though.
            The pickup bezels are pencil sketched also.
            The Floyd Rose say: Original Floyd Rose on it.

Comment

I like that one. If the owner ever wants to sell it, I'm interested. Thanks.

[email protected]

Comment

That's sweet!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'm guessing it originally had white or creme covered pickups that also had the graphic on it? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Great pics, JG! Yes, originally it had painted pickup covers to match the graphic/sketch and keep it flowing. One way you can tell is that the pickup bezels are painted, and Jackson never painted just the bezels without continuing to the pickup itself. The EMG's are not original, which explains the five way switch. Dual EMG's in that guitar cannot work with the 5 way switch (Jackson JE-005) in normal conditions, that's why you get double sounds with the switch. The soldier on the trem claw was standard as a "glob", but, with the EMG's, it's not even necessary to ground the bridge. An overall killer guitar, the reverse head Soloists from that era are rare. I haven't the slightest about the availability of that graphic, but it is surely one that Jackson had in the books, I've seen it on a few Dinkys for sure.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] That's a really nice one

Comment

thanks for the info. i dont have the original pick ups, but trades would be considered
                      Here I am

Comment

Man, "trades considered"???? That was certainly fast! What could you possibly be looking for to replace this Jackson masterpiece?? Sure your PRS was nice but this guitar is more betterer. One of those Polka Dot Rhoads models would be cool though. Even a mint pinstripe would be cool. I have been through tons of guitars but I would probably keep that one. I wonder what the original owner did with the hand painted pickups when he replaced them with the EMG's. You would think he would have kept them. What could he have possibly done with a set of painted pickups? You should call the place you got it and see if maybe they came with the guitar and were seperated when they put it on the wall for sale. Maybe they have the original owners name and you can contact him or her and track them down. I am really digging that Gibson I got from you. Dude, you truly are the master of finding the best guitars on the planet. Thanks for letting me photograph and play your pencilsketch. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, now I have a question for the guys that may know a little about "HOW" the pencil sketch finish was applied. Can someone tell me if these were airbrushed or did they actually use a graphite or charcoal pencil to do those finshes? Should I ask this in another forum(Tech?)

Beautiful Guitar pencilsketch!!
                          Thanks!
                          Dave->

[ May 19, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

7409 is the work order number, not to be confused with the serial number.
                            Don't rule out the fact it could also be a GMW/Dan Lawrence refinish.

Comment

Wow, never thought about that! Is there any way to tell if it is a GMW refin?? Thanks chuck

Comment

Working...
                              X