Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pencilsketch's pencilsketch Jackson.. Sweet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pencilsketch\'s pencilsketch Jackson.. Sweet...

Originally posted by pencilsketch:
    thanks for the info. i dont have the original pick ups, but trades would be considered
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I took this to mean trades for the pickups and not the actual guitar. Am I right? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, with the S/N being J5772, thats a 1990 Ontario number, but it's smack in the middle of the regular J-four digit numbers and the beginning of the UO-four digit select series production numbers so it could go either way as to it being a Custom Shop, which would indicate it's original, or a late J-four digit, which to me would mean GMW re-finish. The small Ontario neck heel kind of points to the former but that's inconclusive at best.

The "collector" value either way isn't enough of a dollar difference to shake a stick at.

Comment

Toejam, he was talking about the guitar.

Comment

Oh. Kind of strange, considering he just got it and spoke highly of if.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i go through guitars fast got it on a trade. almost bought that birdseye hot rod flame dinky, maple neck and headstock but they wanted too much. it had black inlays regular head stock they wanted 2300 i only have 1800 they said no deal
            Here I am

Comment

Joe, you should take a serious look at that Coors Jackson with the Bruce Kulick autograph. It would look nice sitting next to the Pencil sketch. The Zig-Zag fins are worth it alone. Whats cooler than that. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

yea but i really dont want a kahler trem how much did he want any way
                Here I am

Comment

Originally posted by pencilsketch:
                  thanks for the info. i dont have the original pick ups, but trades would be considered
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude!! I'm with JGcable on this one.... Don't get rid of it!! That guitar could be a very rare piece of Jackson history!! I don't know about anyone else here, but how many of these are floating around?? Not too many, I'd guess....

I could be wrong, but my gut feeling is to keep this guitar.... don't get rid of it!! JMHO..

[ May 19, 2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Stephan ]

Comment

I think he should research the heck out of it and get all the info he can gather. I am sure that there must be a story attached to this guitar. For instance, what does the # 7409 mean that is stamped in the trem spring cavity or the VT5W ??

Comment

Working...
                    X