where art thou U.S.A. Jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where art thou U.S.A. Jacksons?

Just a minor rant. I can never seem to find U.S.A. Jacksons when I go to the shops. Only seem to find 3 or so low end or imports. This is really disapointing. Not to good for business if no one carries them. Hell I saw alot more while living in Canada then where I have lived in the states. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Re: where art thou U.S.A. Jacksons?

Welcome to my world! Being a lefty, there are NEVER any USA Jacksons at either the local GC or Sam Ash. BULL I say!!

Comment

Jacksons are out of style at the moment if you havent noticed (and have been for years). Therefore, few dealers are willing to buck up the extra cash for what amounts to being a high priced wall hanger.
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Sorry to hear that other guys dont stock these. Its the same over here.
        And while Im not GC or big shop. I actually have 5 LH Usa Jackson's and about 25 regular Usa Jackson's in stock right now.
        So drive on down to Houston LOL!!!

Comment

I live less then an hour from Jackson/Charvel World Headquarters, and there are just as few here.I always buy out of state anyways. No sales tax! The ony down side is you can't test drive'em.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Sorry to hear that other guys dont stock these. Its the same over here.
            And while Im not GC or big shop. I actually have 5 LH Usa Jackson's and about 25 regular Usa Jackson's in stock right now.
            So drive on down to Houston LOL!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I counted 4 Scott, not bad! Although I noticed nothing pointy in there the bolted steel looks nice.
            My point I guess is that being a lefty and to a certain extent right handed when it comes to Jacksons you cant just go sit down and play to get a feel for the guitar.

Comment

Yeah that's why I don't own a WR1 yet, I want to actually hold a Warrior (haven't even seen a WRXT around here..) first and feel the shape.

Comment

I've been wanting to try a Jackson with emgs, but havent been able to come across one in a shop yet. It would also be nice have some hands on comparison of necks ( SL1 vs Speed)
                I'm soo damn curious if I would like the Emg's vs the JB in my Soloist. Just stuff I'd to try out before buying another guitar, because I'll probably have to order it online.

Comment

Mike, next time you're in Orange County you can try my EMG-equipped SL2H.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Mine art next to me in their cases [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Yeah that's why I don't own a WR1 yet, I want to actually hold a Warrior (haven't even seen a WRXT around here..) first and feel the shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Warrior is actually similar to a Strat/Dinky in terms of how it hits your body, how it hangs on a strap, bridge-to-hand relation.
                      The rear wing is also similar to the rear bout of a Strat - very comfy to play, and the bottom curve makes it comfortable for sitting.
                      You can do traditional acoustic sitting (across the lap) or 'Classical Position' (one horn against the inner thigh, neck tilted up).

Upper-fret access is flawless on both neckthrough and bolt-on models, unless you have poor technique or very small (child's) hands.

It also balances much like a Strat, but it also depends on where the front strap pin is located; if it's on the back of the front horn, it will level out perpendicular to your shoulders unless you use a no-slip strap (leather, cotton, etc). If the pin is UNDER the front horn (where it was originally placed), then you can tilt it up into "Classical Position" while standing and get much better access witout having to extend your fretting arm, and without having to hold the neck up at the proper angle.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

nevermind, i'm grumpy
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Mike, next time you're in Orange County you can try my EMG-equipped SL2H.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget the M&Ms or Skittles for the shotgun holes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Unfortunately that's par for the course in most guitar shops. I have 2 GCs, 2 Sam Ash stores, and about 3 other mom-n-pop smaller axe shops all within about a 30 minute drive from my house, and they rarely if ever stock any USA Jackons anymore. The 2 GCs near me used get 2 or 3 new USAs in every so often. Now you're lucky to find an import on the wall. I actually scored a brand new trans-blue SL2H USA with OHS case for $1100.00 out the door (tax included) about 3 years ago from GC.

Comment

Hey Troy I have 4 Warriors & 1 V the Warriors are very comfortable to play, I have EMGs in 3 & Seymour Duncans in my USA custom. Like Newc said earlier. Just get one.
                              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                              X