Custom Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Rhoads

Hey guys this is my first post but I read here all the time. Im lookin at buyin a custom rhoads within the next few monthes..well puttin in my order I know it takes at least a year to get the guitar back. Anyway I was wonderin a few things...

1)Ive used the new custom quote page and got a reulst of $4560 now I know thats an overshot and iw as wondering if anyone can gimme a better picture of the cost

2)I am curious as to what the Scalloped Heel and Scalloped Horn in the body scalloping section. Im not quite clear on what that is.

3)Also if anyone can show me the diffence with neck and head binding is...i know its the color between the fretboard and the neck...but i would like to see a comparison picture to be damned sure lol

4)What is a pickup Bezel?

5)The guitar is gonna be EMG loaded with a pile o skulls graphic....and when i put "paint over pickups" does that mean they will continue the graphic over the pickups?

6) And what the hell is SLS headstock type?

thanks for all your help I know its alot of questions im just trying to get cleared up b4 I order.

Re: Custom Rhoads

1. Ask Matt at OSG. My guess would be that your gonna pay upwards of 70% of that cost.

2. I think that's where they round out the body by carving it away.

3. Your pretty much right on that one, I don't have a pic though.

4. The plastic ring that mounts the pickup to the body.

5. My guess would be yes.

6. Not quite sure, I could guess, but I might be very wrong. Other people here will know.

Comment

Welcome to the boards!

This topic I think covers quite a few of the questions you asked, particularly how much a dealer typically slashes the price and what the scalloped heel looks like.

EDIT: Found a direct picture of the scalloped heel. Here it is on a Warrior:

"Paint over pickups" is exactly as you imagined it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The SLS headstock is what the below headstock is:

Again, welcome to the boards!

[ May 19, 2003, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Number Of The Priest ]

Comment

Hey, NOTP, you giving me royalities for my Warrior pic there? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Scalloped horns are mostly found on Fusions (Strat-style with 24 3/4" Gibson scale). You don't get them on a V.
          If you're getting a Rhoads, get head and neck binding. It looks naked without it.

Paint over pickups means the paint is suspended halfway between the pickups and the strings. You can move it out of the way to change pickups.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

So with the painting over pickups...if im gonna get a graphic with EMGs and i want them to paint on the EMGs...do i have to select that or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
              Paint over pickups means the paint is suspended halfway between the pickups and the strings. You can move it out of the way to change pickups.

Newc
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X