Question on value of a RR1T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on value of a RR1T

You know string through/neck through,white pinstriped 9.9 condition.

Anyone who could give me an estimated value on this before I make the purchase would be a friend for life [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks
    Jeremy

Re: Question on value of a RR1T

I bought a Black RR1 99' a while back for $700 and that guitar was almost mint. At that time I considered that a great price/value...Your seller may want a little more....But you are buying an awsome guitar, so don't LoBall the guy.
    [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I paid on the high side for mine. It is Gun Metal Gray. I paid $1000 from a forum member here, but it was well worth it. They are the ****!
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hmmm. I'd make sure it was an RR1 and not an RR5 (has the same graphic and construction and USA Duncans). The serial number should start with a U if it's an RR1.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for all the replies so far the three heres a link to the three pictures of it I was sent. The price right now would be about 1000 or slightly higher.

Comment

Very nice [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I wouldn`t spend over $1000 for it, but if they are hard to come by where you live, I would say $1000 is in the market, but here in the USA, Jackson`s are way down in price, unless ultra rare. Good luck-Jack.

[ May 20, 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

I don't want to step on any toes or hurt anyones feelings but that installation of the rear string ferrules is crappy(out of line and spacing). Are we sure this guitar didn't have damage at one time or do they all look like that? I've never owned one and maybe I've never noticed it before in pictures until now because of the contrast of black on white.
              [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              I know....if I have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
              I just thought it should be pointed out, sorry in advance......

Dave->

[ May 20, 2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hand made guitar. It happens. Apparently the bit can wander a bit as you drill through the body, and sometimes that's the result. It's a narrow hole passing through a relatively thick piece of wood and the grain of the wood will try to make sure you don't make a perfectly straight line from one side to the other. And they're only there for a string to pass through, so I wouldn't consider it a problem.

[edit]RacerX-proofed

[ May 21, 2003, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: VitaminG ]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                  Hand made guitar. It happens. Apparently the bit can wander a bit as you drill through the body, and sometimes that's the result. It's a narrow hole passing through a relatively thick piece of wood and the grain of the wood will try to make sure you don't make a perfectly straight line from one side to the other. And they're only there for a string to pass through, so I wouldn't consider it a problem.

[edit]RacerX-proofed
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It won't happen if you use the correct bits. They are called "Brad Point" drill bits and they will not wander. I've been a woodworker/hobbiest(is that right Ron?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) for awhile now and even I know that kind of thing doesn't have to happen. I'm not saying it's a problem, I just think it's tacky as hell and for the price your paying for these things I would think they can afford to use the brad point bits. Just my thoughts and I'm not trying to argue with you but I'm a little disappointed with that if that is indeed the reason. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
                  Dave ->

Comment

Hobbyist [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

And while they may be using the correct bits for woodworking (I would think so, after 20 years), crooked holes is crooked holes and in no way affects playability or tone, which are the only two things that really matter in a guitar. It's not a piece of art, or furniture, or a house, or a car, it's a guitar.

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                      a woodworker/hobbiest(is that right Ron?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                        Hobbyist [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

And while they may be using the correct bits for woodworking (I would think so, after 20 years), crooked holes is crooked holes and in no way affects playability or tone, which are the only two things that really matter in a guitar. It's not a piece of art, or furniture, or a house, or a car, it's a guitar.

Newc
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow, an instrument not art? Ok, I'm done.
                        Dave ->

Comment

Budman68:
                          I don't want to step on any toes or hurt anyones feelings but that installation of the rear string ferrules is crappy(out of line and spacing). Are we sure this guitar didn't have damage at one time or do they all look like that?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just checked mine and it is the exact same way. I guess that is how they are supposed to be. When you look at the v tail plate, the top is a bit longer and goes on a steeper angle back than the bottom, hence the bigger spacing on the E,A and D strings.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks Scott, that explains it completely. I couldn't believe that Jackson would sell something like that with out a reason and that reason makes complete sense. Thanks for taking the time to let me know [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] .

Dave-&gt;
                            Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                            X