Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning : Graphic...and big pic

You were warned... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Admins, I tried to re-size this but I failed miserably.

Special thanks to Matt(OSG) who hooked me up with the silliest looking Warrior ever created many moons ago (still love it!)...and to Ralph E. for that black and white thingy that seems to follow me around wherever I go for a year or so now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Warning : Graphic...and big pic

mmm not showing.

Comment

Yeah, I see that now, it worked a minute ago though. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I see my avatar doesn't work now either (from the same site that the pic is/was from). I probably crashed the whole internet. Dammit.

Sorry folks, move along, nothing to see here. I'm never trying this deal again....even sober!

(Yes, I did read NOP's "posting guitar pics" column, I thought I followed it...obviously, I didn't...I give up) [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe your pic was too large and exceeded the amount you are allowed to use?

Comment

Here is the message I get by visiting the pic's link.

The Web site that you are looking for has already used up its daily quota of data transfers. Please check back after midnight tonight to view the Web site. If you feel you've reached this message in error, please contact [email protected] and include the URL to the Web site that you are looking for.

Comment

OnlineRock.com used to be my main file-hosting place, but then they caught onto the fact that people like me were leeching free webspace off them, so now they put in a daily restriction on the amount of downloading from each account.

Ever since then, I've use PhotoBucket.com and it does ALMOST everything I want. I say ALMOST because it resizes some of my large pictures that I want to upload.

If you bought a digital camera, there might be some simple photo-editing software that came with it on a CD, and those typically have even the most basic features such as resizing. If not, you can always resize the pictures in MS Paint (which comes with Windows) but I try to avoid that useless terrible program at all costs.

Alternatively, shoot photos with 640x480 or whatever lower resolution if you only intend on sharing pictures with the world on the internet. There's no point making everybody see a 2048x1356 huge picture that will eat up your bandwidth and will annoy people by having to scroll to see the whole thing. I know I always use 640x480 since my photography is entirely web-based. Plus, you'll be able to take more pictures with your camera set on a lower resolution. Really, only if you need to PRINT OUT pictures, you should use a higher resolution. Anyways, that's my philosophy and not everybody seems to agree with me.

By the way, what was it about my special topic that you found difficult to follow? I am currently doing a revision on it and would greatly appreciate any input that I could fix and clear up so that people don't go through the same thing again. Thanks!

Comment

Aha! I just went to the webpage and none of the pictures I've uploaded are showing anymore.

So, A: I figure I totally crashed this thing and it's all my fault, world chaos is bound to happen, nothing I can do about it......or, B: I will log off, drink a few more beers, go to sleep and try it again tomorrow.

I'm lookin' at plan "B" at this point... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

C: Send me the pic to my e-mail address and I will post it for you.

Comment

NOP, I was just being silly!

Your article is cool and I learned from it. Believe me, this whole thing worked at first!

Obviously there are other factors going on here. I think I'm just going to try a fresh start tomorrow! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, good. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

The other factors are OnlineRock's limited allotted daily bandwidth per user account. Solution: Resize the picture with your software, or try a new image-hosting website like PhotoBucket or ImageShack.

By the way, I feel kinda dumb when I couldn't get ImageShack to work for whatever reason... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But I think they automatically resize pictures if they are too large too, which is not what I necessarily want sometimes.

The obvious best solution is for me to buy my own webspace, but I am a cheapass and so are most of you, so I cater mostly to the cheapass needs of most of you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

DJM,

E-mail sent. Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

That's why your avatar rarely shows up too.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Here is the picture Ted(Hyperfuzz) sent me this morning.
                          Yea, the picture was large to post(1218x1800 and 683k)and 1/3 of the picture was showing the floor and wall.
                          I cut the picture little bit and small now.
                          Still large but didn't want to lower the quality of the pic by making even it more smaller..

Comment

I'm not worthy! Shit, she's beautiful!
                            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Sweet Bullseye !! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Working...
                              X