No announcement yet.

My 96 Mystery Soloist or Thanks (NOT) MusicGoRound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never spotted this thread until today... I have one of these, too. Picked it up at the local Guitar Center; the listing said it was a "Soloist" and I could clearly see that it had no inlays. Not knowing exactly what it was, I decided to take a look at it.

I had an idea of what I'd do with it... Black hardware swap. None more black...

Mine doesn't have the "used" stamp and all of that, but it's neat to see other people with SL2's just the same.

Yes, it had Kent Armstrong pickups.

Comment

Love the matching headstock.

BTW, you have a bright future doing guitar CSI work,

Comment

Really interesting story, great followup- And this time stick around would ya??

Comment

Oh yeah.....

Here's the funny story is that I lost the url to this site and thought it was another for some reason. Sigh. I couldn't believe it when I saw the posts and went "slap" (forehead) "oh yeah.".

So yeah I'm here.

Oh, and that Black SL2 - monstrous - they should still make that. I love it with the black EMGs, the perfect pickup for that "none more black" thing.

I actually have some pics in a directory at home of all the other colors they offered these in.

Comment

Working...
          X