Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJP Production Years?

Anyone know when these were made?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: JJP Production Years?

I believe the JJPs were made in '97. I used to have a catalog scan, but my filing cabinet got wiped out when I reinstalled some hardware. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Yours has a blank neck plate, doesn't it? John (Peedenmark7) now has mine, which had a serialized plate with 3-D Jackson logo. I believe Matt (Mattsmusic.com) has one that's also got a serialized plate. Maybe Scott at Vwallguitars has one, too? I can't remember. A couple others had surfaced on the board with blank neck plates. I believe Brian McDonald at Fender has a prototype natural mahogany that was supposed to be Marty Friedman's that's actually got the dice inlay on the 12th fret like the Scott Ian JJ models, not sure of its neck plate. Maybe try Kevin Easton or Matt and see if they can give you any other info.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Re: JJP Production Years?

I think 97 is correct, I have a brown sunburst JJP that's been my main axe for a few years now. I did some mods to it... put a slanted single coil Duncan in the neck and a Duncan Distortion TB2B in the bridge. I also swapped the stock nut for a Graphtech and replaced the tuners with Sperzels. I love it.

Matt
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
      X