Refin or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refin or not??

1989 custom shop San Dimas plated (Ontario CA) model here are the pics: http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=2;t=000393

I just can't handle the theme anymore. Do you think a GMW refin is in order or will I be kicking myself for stripping a vintage custom Jackson paint job?? The headstock logo is so
    F#$%ng cool. I can always put her in her case and slide her under the bed for a rainy day but that just isn't fair to a guitar that plays and sounds as good as she does. What would you do if you had her?

Re: Refin or not??

I'd leave it alone, personally.
    Jackson bolt on strats of the same era can be had for cheap. Grab one and have that custom painted if thats what you had in mind.

Comment

I'm not going to comment... I'm a huge Star Wars fan... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      Occupy JCF

Comment

If you bought it to collect, leave it alone. If you are going to play it, have it redone with something you like. Bottom line is that it's value is based on what "someone" is willing to pay for it. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Neither. Sell it and use the $ to buy something more to your liking.

(And, no, I'm not interested in buying. Like Tekky, I'm more of a Star Wars fan. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )

Comment

C'mon Tekky, buy it from me or trade me something for it. If I were a Star Trek fan I would be all over this guitar like a hobo on a ham sandwich. lol [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh... I just realized you are a Star Wars fan. The Tekky thing made me think of Trekky! Now if it had a big nasty pic of Princess Lea on it....hmm...

Comment

Star Wars fan here, too! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Didn't you say you had an offer for it from some Trekky freaks who were having a convention or something? Try to offload it on them for big bucks!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

those too good to be true offers are always just that. I don't know what I am gonna do with this guitar. I decided not to do a refin. Its a little piece of the vintage Jackson Ontario Custom shop. I figure that one day somebody is gonna really want a Star Trek Jackson strat and then I will be able to either sell or trade it. I have always wanted a single pickup black and white or pink and black bullseye. That is my next guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                    Oh... I just realized you are a Star Wars fan. The Tekky thing made me think of Trekky! Now if it had a big nasty pic of Princess Lea on it....hmm...
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL...

It happens often enough I don't get offended anymore... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I got the nickname from the last band that I was the guitar tech for... Their drummer was named Todd also. Even after they replaced the drummer the nickname stuck. Some of their hardcore fans would chant it before shows when I'm running across the stage...

Actualy, I never really liked Star Trek at all.. I've always been a Star Wars snob.. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Now if you get Vader or the Millenium Falcon painted on it, I'd totally be interested!!!!!!!!!!
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Good to hear you are leaving it alone. A guitar is only original once.

Comment

Hear hear.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

In 1989, did Jackson ever offer a 1 slanted humbucker/single volume pickguard? Here is a pic of my guitar. I want to replace this pickguard (which is not factory, it is a Chandler) with a 1 hum/1 volume or maybe a hum/sing 1 volume and a 3 way Les Paul type toggle. http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=2;t=000393

Comment

jgcable said:
                            I have always wanted a single pickup black and white or pink and black bullseye. That is my next guitar.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In case you haven't seen these yet:

http://www.guitarxpress.com/cgibin/w...ml?p_prodid=25

Only 4 left, and I've heard Jackson will no longer do USA-Select pricing levels on special runs like this anymore. Full custom shop prices only. Get one while you can. Great axes, highly recommended.

Comment

I´d leave it alone, too. If you don´t like it, it should pass to someone who does like it. I think we should try to keep as many of the old Jacksons as they are...I mean, you can always get a guitar the way you like it...but these older guitars can often never be returned to original once refinished or modded.

Comment

Working...
                              X