Y2KV - Value & New line??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2KV - Value & New line??

Sorry if this has been discussed before, im a newbie!

Anyway, since mustaines departure from Jackson to ESP, how will this affect the value of a Y2KV? Im assuming the price will rocket, but im hoping someone is gonna tell me otherwise

Secondly, is there any new of jackson re-releasing the guitar without the mustaine signiture? Maybe make an optional floyd bridge etc to change it slightly? I would really dig a Y2KV with a floyd rose and unfinished maple neck, but custom will cost me far more than i am willing to pay!

I heard a rumour pre-fender that they were making a japanese version of the Y2KV, and drumcityguitarland seemed to have a prototype, i take it that has gone under?

Any info appreciated, and if anyone is selling a Y2KV, chime in!

Re: Y2KV - Value & New line??

I seriously don't think the prices on Y2KV's will skyrocket. They won't plummet either, but my guess is that they will get somewhat cheaper.

Look at what happened to the Kelly when Friedman left Jackson.

I don't get it though.

Comment

They are supposedly replacing the Y2KV with some kind of king V string thru model. with teh jackson pointy 3x3 headstock (its on one of the import arch top dinky models). At least that's what I was told. And I don't get told much.

Y2KV's are nice though, played my brother's finally. But I have a question about the controls on the damn thing.

Is the top most knob supposed to control the bridge pickup volume? That feels really backwards to me...having the volume knobs being the opposite placement compared tot he actual pups. I can't say I like that, But it still plays excellently. he paid 1400 for his. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
        Is the top most knob supposed to control the bridge pickup volume? That feels really backwards to me...having the volume knobs being the opposite placement compared tot he actual pups.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it's supposed to be top knob for neck pup, bottom one for bridge pup (that's how it is on my Hamer with two volumes and one tone). A lot of people play mostly on the bridge pickup, so maybe they wired that as the main volume to be closer for your picking hand to reach easier? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        It shouldn't be too hard to rewire if you'd prefer it the normal way, but you'd have to also change the wiring on the switch so the pups don't work the opposite way.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Re: Y2KV - Value &amp; New line??

Mustaines wiring specs called for reversed knobs - bridge then neck then tone. It kinda screwed me up when I bought my first KV, but I play mostly on the bridge pup, so I quickly fell in love with that. I have since rewired each of my guitars that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Ians Beard:
            im a newbie!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool nickname! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by kremit:
              Mustaines wiring specs called for reversed knobs - bridge then neck then tone. It kinda screwed me up when I bought my first KV, but I play mostly on the bridge pup, so I quickly fell in love with that. I have since rewired each of my guitars that way.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool. That makes sense.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X