Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DR-2

Hi,

I'm a new member to the Jackson family. I've been using Ibanez guitars for 13 years (wait, there's more) and last december, I was on the lookout for a new guitar. I had tested some high-end Ibanez prestiges and Jems, but none actually did it for me. So I started checking out other brands, like PRS, ESP and Jackson, and then I found this Jackson which I liked on ebay. reverse headstock (looks very metal right) 2 hums (what more could you need) no inlays (basic = metal [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]) and a floyd Rose... and I decided to go for it. I'm from Belgium, and USA Jacksons are quite expensive over here...

Well, I got it in, and I LOVE IT!!!! It's great. Now I'm looking to get a 2nd one, so I can put my Ibanez's to rest... Here's a pic of my working class guitars.

Re: Jackson DR-2

I love the DR2!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img].

The Universe is cool too.

Nice guitars, welcome to the forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Welcome to the forum! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Nice guitars.. Are those DR2's rare? I am starting to like those a lot and i guess I have not seen many of them.
      Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
      The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Welcome!! Cool guitars. I'm also a fan of the DR-2. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice. I like the DR2 and the Universe, in particular. I think those DR2s must be kinda rare, though there is a black one on the Bay right now. I like the lean & mean look, though personally, I think I'd feel somewhat lost without the fret markers. How's the DR2's neck, in terms of thickness, compared to your experiences with Ibanez?

Comment

Congrats for the DR2!
            The neck feel is very similar to the older DK1 by the way.

Comment

Here's a couple of pics of my DR2. The first photo is pretty crappy so it's hard to tell, but it has a satin finish over ash. That was only available in a couple of finishes, with the others having standard clearcoat and poplar (or maybe alder) bodies.

I didn't care for the stock Screamin' Demon bridge pickup, so I replaced it with a Full Shred. Now it's my main recording guitar.
              sigpic

Comment

mind if I ask where you got yours?

Comment

Welcome to the JCF! You have a cool collection of guitars.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean me, it was at the Guitar Center in Roseville, before they moved to the current location. At the time, they also had a Gun Metal Grey (or maybe Graphite?) DR2 with the same satin finish over ash. That was probably in 1999 or 2000, and the guitars were both NOS. Same for the RR2 I grabbed at the Edina GC a couple years ago.
                    sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I got it of ebay. It's a 97'er, but it doesn't have a scratch. Someone took good care of this one. My S540 is also a 97'er but has some scratches and dings. It was my main gigging guitar for 7 years, so that's rather normal.

the neck is thin, yet a lot thicker then the Ibanez necks. It's very comfortable, and more convenient. Sometimes, the Ibanez neck is just to thin. I like the guitar, I think the body is poplar.

Comment

I bought me lightning sky rr-1 at GC in roseville a few years ago. Nowadays it seems like they have the same old boring stuff everytime I go there. Unless I need strings, and I am in the area, I tend to go somewhere else. I guess it is not THAT bad of a place. I would like to see some new Jacksons in there once in a lifetime.

Comment

Hi welcome.
                          Very nice DR2, man do I like that color! Fits very nice with the agressive style of the guitar.
                          So, you're from Belgium, 'ey..?!

Comment

Working...
                          X