Nah.

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Re: just got this

That's a lot of scratch for a rosewood board Dinky.

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I like the guitar.....I'd like it better if it was a Soloist Archtop. I did ,however, love A Dinky Jacksons before I fell in love with my SLATQ Soloist. So don't Listen to all the Space Aliens around here...Playing those awful V-Shaped Guitars.... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats one of the run for Drum City Guitar Land. There are 10 in natural, 10 in rootbeer, and 10 in transparent black like yours here. They still have all three colors in stock and are $1299.
          I have thought about grabbing one many times.

Comment

Originally posted by FZRod:
            So don't Listen to all the Space Aliens around here...Playing those awful V-Shaped Guitars.... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That was funny! I'm a space Alien [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats! Very cool axe! I saw that one yesterday and almost bid on her. Enjoy! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

-Kenn

Comment

Ken, you mean you almost BOUGHT it, right? Cause the $1100 opening bid amount was also the "Buy it Now." [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I don't care for any of the Guitar store specials like Musicians Freind or Guitar Center or Drum City Guitar Land. It's kinda hokey. Sure it is limited production. So what. It is still a retail on the rack guitar aimed at the typical retail buyer. When you factor in the cost of shipping you almost paid full price for a guitar you didn't try out first. I would stick to the JCF classifieds if I were you. These guys have great guitars and most of them are actual players and fans of Jackson and Charvel lol..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I still really dig that Coors guitar. I wish the guy would take a trade on it. I would sacrifice my full boogie Gibby Nighthawk for it in a hearbeat and I really love the hawk. Those Zig-Zags are actually causing me to loose sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                    I don't care for any of the Guitar store specials like Musicians Freind or Guitar Center or Drum City Guitar Land. It's kinda hokey. Sure it is limited production. So what. It is still a retail on the rack guitar aimed at the typical retail buyer. When you factor in the cost of shipping you almost paid full price for a guitar you didn't try out first. I would stick to the JCF classifieds if I were you. These guys have great guitars and most of them are actual players and fans of Jackson and Charvel lol..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I still really dig that Coors guitar. I wish the guy would take a trade on it. I would sacrifice my full boogie Gibby Nighthawk for it in a hearbeat and I really love the hawk. Those Zig-Zags are actually causing me to loose sleep.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you are making yourself look ignorant by putting DCGL in the same sentence as Musician's Friend. Drumcity Guitarland is one of the most respectable stores in the midwest. It's not a chain its a little shop in Wheatridge, CO. Matt has these types of guitars made too, limited production for their stores. The price isn't a custom price either, 1299 is what anyone could expect to pay for a guitar like that. Shipping is not going to boost the cost up to the MSRP. Unless you live in Antarctica. Sorry, I don't think you have enough knowledge to be slandering a good honestly run shop like DCGL. Jason has always been helpful to me, and I haven't even bought anything from him.

Comment

That's one sweet guitar!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      I've never bought anything from Jason either, but he's answered a few emails I sent him awhile ago (within a day), and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him if he had something I was really looking for.

[ May 22, 2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You are right. I don't have any experience with DCGL. I just assumed that they were like the other large chains like GC or MF. I have never had a "good time" dealing with a large retail guitar store. I like small shops/ online dealers and especially like dealing privately player to player. I am a sales rep during the day and I guess I am just jaded when it comes to dealing with commissioned sales people.

Comment

I was talking about the Ebay seller when I was talking about shipping costs. What I meant was that after he paid 1100.00 for the guitar he would have to pay an additional 30.00+ for shipping and if he was wiring the money he would have to pay for that too. If you can buy a new one at the store for $1299.00 it doesn't seem like a very good deal to me. I am sure that he jumped at it when he saw it was one of 4 sets of 10. A production run of 40 units is pretty small. I didn't know that DCGL was a store logo either until I was informed of it on this board. I am just not a fan of those kind of limited production guitars. They don't meet the defination of "extremely rare" to me. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

ahhh, I saw that and was wondering what the DCGL on the cover was.. that explains it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] for the record, I think that's a gorgeous looking dinky.

Comment

Man it looks like that seller relisted it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2533195828

Comment

Working...
                              X