New in the family: Collen Archtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New in the family: Collen Archtop

Heh, just to clarify; I did not in fact buy this one from Brooks! I just had some Q´s the seller could not answer, so I instead turned to Brooks for the answers. I was extremely surprised to find one not owned by Brooks, though [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Man, the Archtop sounds killer! I had it at practice for the first time last night, and it´s smokin´! It´s got the fattest lead sound I´ve ever had, including my two Duncan-equipped Soloists.

Hey, Brooks..what kinda new toys you bringing in then? It´s gotta be something pretty spectacular!

Comment

Yea, I have something up my sleeve. Its not an archtop, but a cool PC1. Phil used it last night at the Def Leppard Tulsa OK. show, so I should have it by Friday. Pics will be on my site...www.brooksguitarworld.com

Brooks
      www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Man, that´s just insane! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Is that the second or third of Phils actual PC1s you get your hands on?

Comment

I finally got around to taking some pics of my Archtop, sitting happily alongside it´s Soloist-brothers. But since I am retarded I can´t post them...can someone help a brother out? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey, Brooks...have you received the PC1 yet?

Comment

Hysteria was the album that made me want to be a rockstar!!

Comment

Nice getar Dave!!!! Yea, I got the PC after the Tulsa show last weekend:

Brooks

Comment

Daves Phil Collen PCS Guitar:

Brooks

Comment

Thanks, Brooks! I appreciate it!

How does your new PC1 sound compared to a regular PC1 with mahogany body, mapletop and maple fretboard? That one looks like a koa body with rosewood board, doesn´t it?

[ June 09, 2003, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Dave L ]

Comment

I met Brooks at a Def Leppard tribute band show in NJ not too long ago. He brought along one of the archtops and was nice enough to let me check it out....no doubt it had the nicest neck I have ever felt!!!! Absolutely the best. The body shape is a little weird feeling at first but its' definitely a nice guitar....it was better than most Soloists I had my grubby hands on in the past.

Comment

The neck and overall playability on my Archtop is better than on my Soloists. That says a lot. Grover and Phil, and whoever else that had a hand in designing these guitars, truly did a magnificient job.

From now on it´s only PC Archtops for me...I feel a custom-order coming up next [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X