Cleaning/polishing flame top??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning/polishing flame top??

What is the best product/method to clean and polish a flame top finish without creating scratches in the finish? I know it probably sounds dumb, but I don't want to phuck up my top.

Thanks.

Re: Cleaning/polishing flame top??

The same procedure as if it were a solid color or graphic. Since there's a clear coat on top of the guitar body the cleaning/polishing of the instrument is identical. There are a few guitars being made of unfinished wood, but I doubt one would have a flamed maple top.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

There's really no way to prevent light scratches on a guitar anyway. Once you get even a tiny bit of dust on it, rubbing with a cloth will give you little swirls in the clear coat anyhow, and pick swirls are almost unavoidable, too. It's just the way it is... just play the thing!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I use cotton balls. I normally put a little bit of that guitar honey stuff in em first, and then go for the neck on that, and then clean up the body. The honey isn't really recommended for something without a polyurathyne finish though. Does yours have one?

After i get done with the guitar honey, i apply some of that Gibson guitar polish stuff. I like it because it even repells fingerprints, and gets rid of swirrl marks [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] After a few weeks, the protective coating wears off though, and you have to put on another coat. I don't do it that often lol.

Comment

Working...
        X