USA Jackson VS ESP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Jackson VS ESP

Well, one thing you're going to notice in differences between the Rhoads and the Soloist is that the former has 22 frets and the latter has 24 frets. That might end up being your deciding factor. I dunno.

Re: USA Jackson VS ESP

Go for the Jackson. With ESP you're paying much more for their copy of a Jackson.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

I thought I was correct in thinking the Jackson would be better, but I figured I'd ask about ESP just in case there was something I didn't know as I don't know much about ESP. Thanks for the input so far... As for the 22 VS 24 frets, I'm not sure what I think of that. I've always had a guitar with 24 frets, but since I'm selling the PRS and it was the one with 24 frets, I'm not sure, good point. I don't know if I would miss the extrat 2 frets or not.

Comment

All I'm gonna say is this.... If you want an ESP that is similar to the a Jackson, you gotta find one of the late 80's or early 90's M-1 Neck-thrus. I had one in a George Lynch "Bengal" pattern that RIPPED!! Proudly owned by Roodyrocker now (Give Tigger a kiss for me!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )... I've seen them in Single hum (Like Tigger) or Bridge hum and neck single coil for a little more versatility... The only problem with that is, if it's on Ebay... your more than likely gonna be fightin' me for it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (if the price is right, that is!!) OR they are selling for what you could buy a good used Soloist for... So I'd say if the price is comparable between an Neckthru M-1 or a USA Soloist, I'm gonna go with the Soloist every time.. JMHO....

Comment

Ok, I'm a huge fan of neck thru guitars and almost any guitar built that way gets some attention from me. Also being a fan of the 'cheap gear asthetic' I belive that I don't have to spend insane amounts of money for a good guitar.

Being a member of the Jackson bb here I'm biast towards the Jackson Soloist but other awsome guitars that are similar is the Carvin DC and a relativly new guitar I'm really into Kramer Baretta FR404S/D.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Yeah those Kramers are great bang for the buck.But you will have to change the pu´s and the license floyd isn´t that good.

Comment

thats almost a trick ? when i bought my ESP M1 custom, & Pheonix (firebird) they were both under $500 & purchased NEW. They were to me great guitars for the price but also purchased because back then I couldnt afford the USA Soloist or a Hamer firebird. I still say thats the 1 guitar i didnt buy that i sould have....painted in B&W stripe exactly like nikki sixx's bass

Comment

That M-1 neck thru I got from Stephan is a killer ESP!!! Its not very likely you'll find one like that easily or cheap.
                As for new guitars, I'm not aware of any reasonably priced ESP neck thru's. In fact, do they even make any neck thru ESP's other than their custom shop any more? I know they have neck thru LTD's but ESP's?

Anyway, the Soloist is much easier to find new or used. They're reasonably priced and high quality axes. Go with Jackson!

Rudy
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Well, in the UK and other European countries, we get the ESP standard and some of them are neck-thru. Some very nice guitars in that line, especially the Camo Viper, but they're very f*cking expensive.

Comment

My rundown on it is this: USA Jacksons are awsome guitars and are reasonably prices. Real ESP's (not the LTD series) are great guitars too, but run kinda expensive. Of the two, I'd take the SL2H in a heartbeat. The reasons I love Jacksons are for the awsome specs, awsome craftsmanship and they are priced beautifully, within the average person's budget.

Comment

I would suggest playing each and finding one that you like. I have owned more ESPs than Jacksons by choice, but I like both brands (although neither is my favorite.) I simply don't understand the ESP pricing thing. Maybe it is different in NYC, but retail, I see them for similiar prices. ESP custom shop and Jackson custom shop. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

USA Jackson VS ESP

Okay, I know everyone here may be biased, that's okay. I aslo figure a few of you may have owned ESP's either now or in the past. What I'm looking for is a guitar with neck thru construction and a floyd. I'm thinking SL2H as the number 1 on the list so far. Maybe even an RR1 however I don't know if I can live up to the "look" of the RR1 or how much sustain it may be lacking do to less overall mass. I know ESP made a few neck thru guitars, I just wonder if the quality is up there with the Jacksons? or the value/price relationship. Any Advice would be great, thanks.
                        Also, I'm selling a PRS also, maybe trade for a new Jackson? This might be the wrong place to sell a PRS...

Comment

Go for the SL2H!
                          ESP does make a nice guitar, but you will pay WAYYY more for it. Some ESP production models cost as much asit would for you to get a custom shop from Jackson.(the wait is the only thing that sucks!)

Comment

I have late 80's ESP's as well as Soloists. To me, there is just something magical about that era (& early 80's)in superstrats.
                            All play great, but the CRAFTSMANSHIP on the soloists has held up better. I am talking the little details like binding not popping off and needing to be glued, neck-thru body lines showing through paint, etc.
                            IMO - unless you get a OFR, then it is preference - neither the Jackson Trems nor the ESP's are as good as a Floyd, and each have their own quirks and benefits.
                            I agree with Stephan - the late 80's M-1 neck throughs are the way to go if you decide on ESP.

Comment

Working...
                            X