Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-space or no?

Hey guys,

I just took posession of my new SL-1 in Errie Dess. I love it!

Anyway, I'm not too keen on the Seymour humbucker, but before I order new ones, can someone tell me if I need to get one f-spaced or regular? I've searched old posts but can't find anything.

Thanks!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: F-space or no?

The answer is that you will need an F-spaced pickup. I believe Seymour Duncan calls F-spaced as anything with the "Trembucker" designation. For example, the SH-6 Duncan Distortion becomes the TB-6 Duncan Distortion when it is F-spaced.

We want pictures of your new SL1!

Comment

Thanks for the QUICK reply. I'd love to post a pic of my new honey, but I can't figure out how to post them.

Anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Thanks again for the info!!!!!!

Comment

Counterpoint: You don't need to go with a trem spaced pickup. The pole pieces lining up perfectly with the strings insn't all that important. Your call.

Comment

You're welcome for the quick reply! I was bored at work and was surfing the JCF. The boss wasn't in today, so I got away with it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Well, if you have a digital image of your guitar already on your computer, upload it to everybody's favorite host, www.onlinerock.com, where you can sign up for a free account and hotlink pictures nicely.

And Chuck is right. If the polepieces aren't exactly centrally located under each string, it doesn't really matter. Some people on the Seymour Duncan forum are really anal about having their polepieces and strings lining up perfectly. Just as long as the high and low E strings aren't miles off from their polepieces, you're not really going to lose appreciable amounts of output/sustain/tone/anything. Remember that magnetic fields aren't limited to one straight vertical line; they "swirl/surround" the strings. That's the reason why the Seymour Duncan Invader doesn't have two versions; its polepieces are massive so it's magnetic field accomodates F-spacing or not.

Comment

Working...
          X