KV BGF at my local GC.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV BGF at my local GC.....

So on a lark I go into the local GC for the first time in like a year and what do I see. BGF KV for ..... $500 (and you know they will take $450 in a heartbeat).

So I take a closer look and it is missing the tunners, floyd nut, and a knob or two and the tag clearly says sold "as is". OK, like $50-60 worth of parts, no big deal - floyd, SD p-ups etc. are still there.

THEN I TURN IT OVER. Someone obviously split (and I mean SPLIT) the fret board from the neck from like the 1st fret to the 9th, cracked HS and then epxied the guitar back together again [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. I take a closer look at the floyd and the trem bar holder is cracked.

Guitar must have been drop from the 2nd floor or somthing and that GC would try to sell it for $500 is a testement to what fkn' crooks they are!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Re: KV BGF at my local GC.....

those sons of bitche's

Comment

Pics [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

GC=General Contractors if you get my drift! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I was looking at that one a couple days ago. Whoever glued the the neck back together did a horrible job. Did you notice that the Floyd is also broken. Maybe after it sits there awhile I will offer them $200.

Comment

Yeah, I thought about that, but I have never been trusting of repairs after that kind of damage has been done. If it were a bolt on you would be better off just throwing the neck away IMHO.

Comment

Musician's Friend shipping damage most likely.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

WOW, the Great Kreskin is back. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That's The AMAZING Kreskin [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Now lets not get carried away. You're good, but not that good! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Which GC is it at? I was recently at the Natick and the one on Comm Ave but didn't see anything as interesting as a split neck!
                      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Natick. It was on a stand in the corner near the guitar register.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Natick. It was on a stand in the corner near the guitar register.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I guess the Carvin doubleneck must've drew my attention away from it!, though it aint my bag.
                          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                          X