some help with custom shop design please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some help with custom shop design please

Ok, I've finally decided to lay down the cash and have the custom shop make something for me, but I need a little bit of help in a few areas. Heres what im looking at getting so far:

-Neck Thru, Soloist style body
    -Birdseye maple neck w/ ebony sharkfins
    -Quilted maple top
    -San Dimas neck profile
    -Black binding
    -Non recessed Floyd
    -Standard headstock

I needed to get some input on pickup selection from the pros here. Im looking to get a 2H config. Ideally i'd like to be able to switch from an older 80's thrash kind of a sound (like destructions infernal overkill, or kill em all) to a more harsh distortion like discordance axis or assuck (yes, thats a real band name [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) Right now im thinking a PAF or some kind of medium output pickup in the neck and something like a screaming demon or a super distortion for the bridge... Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also about finishes. Im thinking of something similar to the PC1's mocha finish, but I didn't think the black binding would show very well on the body. Anybody got a good picture of a mocha or trans black quilted top with black binding??? Im also considering a dark purple quilt top similar to the 10 string rhoads on the front inside cover of the 2002 jackson catalog, or a dark red cabernet.....

Re: some help with custom shop design please

I never heard any Assucking , but if your looking for distortion, the x2n is a great choice.

Comment

Go with a DiMarzio PAF in the neck position, and a Super Distortion in the bridge. Dean uses that combo on their V, Z, ML, and Caddys, and they sound great.

Sprinter 36

Comment

I forgot to ad, that sounds like it's going to be a great looking guitar.

Sprinter 36

Comment

Sounds very cool, but I'd forget the black binding on the body (since the guitar will be a dark color like Mocha) and opt for the edges to be natural/unstained so it makes a nice contrast to the maple board with black neck/headstock binding. What color hardware are you going to get?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sounds like a job for either:
            Seymour Duncan Invaders
            Dimarzio X2N's
            EMG 85 + 89
            Bill Lawrence XL500's

Keep in mind that many thrash players back in the 80's used good old Dimarzio Super Distortions.

Comment

Duncan or DiMarzio Distortions should do the trick.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X