Need info, please respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info, please respond

This is a repost under a new subject because I am hoping to get a definitive response. Are San Dimas badged strats (Ontario CA made) with a traditional strat pickguard and jackplate rare? I have gotten numerous inquiries on my Jackson Star Trek strat serial # 6934 and the majority of them mention that it is really rare to see a San Dimas plated guitar with a traditional toploader strat pickguard. Is it??

Re: Need info, please respond

I'd say so. It would be uncommon to have a pickguard on any 1989 USA Jackson. But, remember, those were custom made and custom ordered, so anything could have been possible.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Well, read my post in your other thread! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I said, that's weird. Meaning=yes, not very normal or common for Jacksons.

And yes, there have been several front routed guitars from the Ontario shop sighted around. I've seen a couple of strats, but not quite like yours.

And like I said in another thread, don't refin her. Keep her original and let someone else enjoy that work of art, and find something you're more interested in.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks xeno, I have gotten a few emails telling me that toploaders, although rare, were available from Ontario.

Comment

Jackson would then and even now build anything you wanted - top-loaded Strats, flaming testicles, you name it, they would build it.

Though why anyone would want a top-loaded Strat from Jackson as a Custom order when they could waddle on down to the local shop and grab a Fender off the wall and have it painted and Floyded for less money is a total mystery to me.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

John

It looks like it was a supply and demand thing, the toploaders were not selling but they would do it.. Was this guitar discussed on the old forum?

K
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

It was not discussed but when I first won it on Ebay I got around 20 emails from different people asking questions about it. Almost everybody wanted to know the measurements of the body and what it looked like under the pickguard. Then came the Star Trek questions. I know it really isn't all that special but it did stir up alot of controversy regarding the authenticity of it. It certainly all checks out to be completely original and if somebody went through all the trouble to fake it they probably spent far mor than what it is actually worth. Maybe one day I will find out that Mark Mcdonough was the production manager at the Ontario factory and that his brother Tom is actually the SETI guy that is all over the internet.

Comment

Working...
              X