jackson on vh-1 metal mania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson on vh-1 metal mania

I happened to be flickin through the channels this afternoon and saw a pretty cool jackson on VH-1 metal mania show......the band is/was called "sound barrier" theyre a 3pc black metal band...song was rock without the roll....anyway the guitar was a neckthrough red strat with explorer type headstock carrying a white early rhoads style jackson logo... single hum, bone nut, chrome vintage trem but it didnt appear tobe the brass one...weird flat chrome volume knob. rosewood board w/dots, but the kicker was the gibson l.p. /hamer truss rod cover.......thought I would share that, does anyone here own that one?? cool piece, I'd love to have it!!! john

Re: jackson on vh-1 metal mania

The guitarist was known as Spacey T, and they ripped.

Comment

hey chuck, is he the guy on the old jackson endorsees pamphlet ?? I'd have to dig mine out and that could be a chore !! thanks john

Comment

Yes, that is Spacey T pictured in the Mondo Jackson Ad, with that very guitar. Extremely early Jackson, pre-Soloist even. That guitar had a vintage trem, stratish shape, and a set neck, I believe. And as you mentioned the ultra cool Explorer style headstock. I read somewhere that Sound Barrier was a much better band than they were given credit for. It was just that the record co.'s didn't know how to market a black heavy metal band. That song - "Rock Without the Roll" is kind of cheesy, but they definitely had potential.

Comment

Working...
        X