Late 80's Rhoads - going prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 80's Rhoads - going prices?

What is a late 80's (Ontario) Rhoads, in "very good" to "near mint" shape (little to no dings on the wings), with an original badged case worth?
    Figure 2 humbuckers and a Floyd style trem...
    Thanks for any info

Re: Late 80\'s Rhoads - going prices?

Post it in the Classifieds and field offers [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Maybe he's buying one, Newc! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I came across one I am interested in, but I was curious as to what it is worth. I overpaid for one of my soloists, and don't want to do it again. Thanks for any info guys.

Comment

Ah, thought you were looking to sell one - in that case, it's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it. I doubt you could really overpay for a USA Jackson (unless they're charging new prices for used gear), but it's really determined by the options and age.
          If it's an early Ontario with a rare graphic, ebony/fins, factory Floyd and hasn't had anything changed but the strings, and it's truly "near mint", I'd say $800+ is a fair price. I've seen some go to $1000 or more but those were rare (single hum, graphic, rare color, etc).
          If it's an RR serial and not a U serial, then it could also go up to $1000.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Thanks Newc. It is an 88 Ontario - standard configuration for a Rhoads. I figured up to about $1000, but these things are usually worth more to me than most people.
            This would be my first Rhoads, though I had missed out on a PCS a local guy was selling by 1 day. It was mint too... oh well.

Comment

I've got an RR1 for sale, if that other one's too much. It's in the Classifieds.

Newc

Comment

I saw that, and was debating on it. However, while surfing this morning,I came across an even BETTER piece I have been looking for - an archtop post...
                "88 JACKSON GUITAR,arch top soloist custom, serial 0073, neck thru, exc cond"
                I have played that and lusted after it since then - but that is WAY out of my price range

Comment

Working...
                X