Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 USA Tele - Lefty (I have PIC's)

Ok,

What we have here is a 1988 black USA Jackson Tele (lefty of course). The overall condition I would say would be a 8.5/10. This is partially based upon the lack of attention to detail/crasftsmanship on the guitars contruction. Yet, it has held up for 15 years so I am still really-really happy.

...JT-6 bridge trem
    ...Aftermarket EMG's.
    ...creme bindings on neck/headstock and body
    ...neck-thru body construction
    ...Locking nut
    ...Serial #J4335

I've noticed that this guitar weights a lot more than my newer soloists and the neck appears to be thinner as well. The frets are in very good shape with only a few wears on the E/B strings at the top three frets.

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/godwentpunk/tele1.jpg

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/godwentpunk/tele2.jpg

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/godwentpunk/tele3.jpg

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/godwentpunk/tele5.jpg

joe...

[ June 02, 2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: GodWentPUNK ]
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: 1988 USA Tele - Lefty (I have PIC\'s)

Nice one, Joe! I really dig black guitars in general, and the body/neck binding make it look so "complete." Did that set you back a lot?

Comment

I traded two guitars plus cash. So depending on the values of my two, I'd say anywere from $900-$1000 which after getting the guitar was a fair price. It's not the cleanest I've seen but for a lefty tele, well, you just don't see those very often.

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Good job Joe! Nice score. What in the hay are you planning for that poor pink model 4 on the bay?

Comment

Dude, that thing is backwards... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Nice one.

Matt

Comment

Hehe what Matt said. I know you lefties hardly have a choice but everytime i see a lefty guitar the first thought is: Man this looks just wrong [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

On the other hand well it's a nice guitar but i don't like Fender's. So that includes Tele's. That's something i don't understand. With all this Fender bashing going around here (now this is generally meant, not specified to this thread) but so much of you guys go crazy when seeing a strathead charvel or jackson. I only would want a Strathead for resale. I don't like Fender Strats so why would i want a IMO ugly Strathead on my Jackson ? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pointy guitars for me please [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            But good that personal tastes are different, otherwise it would be a boring world.

Sorry for the little rant hehe [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Flo
            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

LOG: I missed out on that pink charvel. I really have too many guitars already and I didn't want to go on a bidding rage. I let your friend have it. Be sure he updates me on it.

ID: I'm not a big Fender fan myself but this guitar is from what I understand is pretty rare, specifically being neck-thru which would of been a custom shop order.

I hope everyone enjoys it as mush as I am. It really is a keeper.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Joe, Jaime says he is very sorry but he reminds me to tell you he let you have the white explorer. Jaime has has a lefty gold original Floyd and gold Jackson tuners that he has been dying to put on something.

Comment

LOG: You know, we've got to pool our resources and keep in touch in situations like these. I really didn't need that Charvel, I just thru in a bid and if I got it great and if not, no big deal. The only problem is that now Jamie spent an extra hundred bucks to out bid me whereas if I knew he really wanted it, I would have stayed out--maybe--. Do you think that this might be worth the effort to keep a line of communucation open?? Counter-bidding each other is just a waste of our valuable resources. Lastly, I am very happy that he got the guitar... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I have no hard feelings. I just want to see pic's after he's done with the mods.

joe...

btw, I should be getting that explorer sometime next week. If it plays and feels good, I'm thinking of having it complete refinished with a new graphic paint job--maybe fire-crackle [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Working...
                  X