hello!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello!!

Im new to this forum, and I need your help. How can I know the difference between a sl2h mah and an sl2h? I mean by just looking at them.. both are in transparent blue

Thank you!

Re: hello!!

By sight the only difference you would see is the thicker Maple Top so the flame can be seen from the sides. Also you may be able to tell the grain of the Mahogany through the finish on the back.

Matt

Comment

If you can hold them the Mahogany guitar should be heavier.

Comment

the thing is that I ordered a sl2h mah in trans blue trough a local musicstore, the dealer told me that the mahagony model was cheaper than the standard sl2h and I found that really weird..anyway..it arrives at the end of the week, so Im going over to the musicstore to check it out, thats why I asked if I could visually see the differance on the two guitars, Is there any document that comes with the guitar? What does come with this guitar model? exept the case ofcourse

Thanks

Comment

What does come with this guitar model?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Years of enjoyment. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Congrats on the new guitar [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

There will be a warranty card and factory hangtag/inspection checklist. Both will show the model as SL2-MAH, if that's what he ordered.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

the dealer told me that the mahagony model was cheaper than the standard sl2h
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is in no way true and does raise a flag or 2. The only USA Jacksons cheaper than the SL2H is the DK1 and the JJ2. Maybe thier ignorance will equal a good deal for you. xeno is right about the hang tag showing the model as SL2-MAH or maybe SL2F-MAH. Sometimes they put an F for flame top. If you think they are pulling a fast one on you, it should defintely say "Made In USA" on the headstock, be a neck thru and be noticeably heavier than a standard SL2H.

Matt

Comment

thanks guys, I think that the dealer may have given the wrong info about the guitar, think it is a standard sl2h in TB, not the mahagony one, but if it is..its a bonus for me, thank you once again!!

Comment

i found this link that was interesting..its the jackson distributor in the UK..look att the prices for the sl2h...hmmm

web page

Comment

I would love to play one, my only fear would be I couldn't leave the store with out owning it. I have a Hamer Steve Stevens set neck mahagony the tone is really amazing. I could just imagine neck thru with a maple top. Has anymore ever compared the SL2-MAH flame top to a Les Paul?
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                    X