Two versions of SLATQH? WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two versions of SLATQH? WTF?

I took a look at the trans-red SLATQH on www.JacksonGuitars.com and compared the picture of it to the picture of the amber sunburst SLATQH that www.OnlineStageGear.com has.

I noticed a few obvious differences:

1.) The JacksonGuitars.com one has a MOP logo and "CUSTOM SHOP" lettering on the headstock, but the OSG one doesn't have either of these features.

2.) The JacksonGuitars.com one has a '59 in the neck, whereas the OSG one has a Jazz.

3.) The volume and tone knobs look different between the two guitars.

So, does that mean the one on www.JacksonGuitars.com is the 2003 version of the SLATQH and the ones sold by Matt are 2002 versions?

Re: Two versions of SLATQH? WTF?

The one pictured on the Jackson Site has a Custom Shop logo and Abalone Logo probably because it was the prototype. They will come stock with Inlaid Mother of Pearl Jackson Logo. I am not 100%certain on the Neck Pickup.

Comment

Well now, that's a bit misleading of Jackson to do! Damn, that "prototype" is beautiful with the abalone Jackson logo. Oh well. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

They probably changed thier minds mid stream since the Slat90's had Abalone logo's during production.

Comment

Do the SLATQH models have matching color headstocks? I think I've seen pics with and without. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They will have matching headstocks.

Comment

Cool, thanks. Now if they just made them with 24 frets! [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] Not that that would keep me from getting one, but it's just nice to have the extra 2 at times.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a SLATQ90 I bought from FZROD. I almost sold it, since the P90's took a bit of getting accustomed to, but now I love it.

Comment

I'm glad to hear you still like the SLATQ90 Wodka....I miss that guitar at times. The P90's are really cool pickups. If you feel the need to sell it....you know who to call. Number Of The Beast: I've seen a couple SLATQH guitars and the guitars had abalone inlays with no custom shop logo. I have a 24 Fret Soloist Archtop from the Custom Shop, You won't find a 24 Fret SLATQH/QM/P90...But feel good about the 22 Fret Guitars, they are great players too.
                  [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X