Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a difference between Jackson USA and Jackson USA Select??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a difference between Jackson USA and Jackson USA Select??

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    Hi....is there any difference between the Jackson USA guitars and the Jackson USA Selects?? When did the "select" guitars start??

I have a 1999 SL-1 Soloist that I got off of a fellow JCF'r w/ a S/N of UO 7414. Which series is mine??

Thanks in advance for the responses.

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Is there a difference between Jackson USA and Jackson USA Select??

Jackson guitars up until 1990 were all technically custom orders, even if they were ordered by stores in large quantities. Beginning with 1990 the "USA Select" line began, which were made in the custom shop in large batches, which kept prices low. The custom shop, of course, continued to make custom-ordered instruments. Guitars serial numbers beginning with a "J" for neck through or have a 4-digit serial number if bolt-on, are single custom orders. Guitars beginning with a "U" for neck through or having a 6-digit number for bolt-on are USA Select series.

Comment

***I have to be careful not to upset blacknapkins, so I'm treading on tippy toes here***

The term "USA Select" was not used until the "modern era" Jacksons around 1996. From 1990 to early 1996 the term USA was the jargon for a production guitar. It gets really confusing because in the SD days "Custom" and "Student" meant the exact same custom quality guitar, only different cosmetics. Also, in the "middle" period of USA Production (1993-95) they used the term "Custom" for the USA Production models, i.e. Rhoads Custom.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Cool....thanks for the answers.....I just got my Jackson yesterday from Fed-Ex....I love it.....just a little weird going from a Les Paul scale to the Jackson......and somebody replaced the Duncans with Rio Grandes [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] It sounds great. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I know what you meen LPC!! I like the short scale so much better, but I still can play the 25.5 scale, I just prefer the 24.75 scale. Man, I can see a Custom Jackson Soloist with a Short scale down the road [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Congrats dude [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Thanks for the responses.....I love the Jackson...it is gorgeous.....amber sunburst looks sessy lol. The scale is "different" but at the same time, comfortable. I lowered the action on it, scary low and no buzzes [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I think my next guitar I want (well, actually 2) are gonna be a Kramer Nightswan and a Anderson Drop Top....then I'm done.

I also have a BC Rich Custom shop SL-3 made in 86 that is a lot like a San Dimas era guitar, with the angled neck....and that wails.....has the EMG's in it....very very nice sounding axe.

I am gonna start concentrating on my rack now.....I know what I want it will just take a while to get it all......but that is the fun of playing and aquiring gear....

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] Duh...I have a rare condition known as "finger dislexia". The BC Rich is a ST-3 Custom Shop made in 86(verified by Tim Keyes of BCR). [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X