Got my new bengal Sl-2 today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new bengal Sl-2 today...

It looks even sweeter than it did in the pics! I Had an Sl-2 pre fender and let me tell you the fret work on this one is a LOT nicer, no glue all over the place.

The neck also seems a bit thicker at the first couple of frets, which for me is more comfortable.

My only little small gripe is that it came with cheap plastic pup rings, and my other had the nice flat metal ones. The plastic ones barely cover over the route where the piece of the pickup that has the screw in it goes.

I found exact replacements for the ones I had and I'm hopeig that the will match up to the plastic ones. I'd like to not have to drill into my new guitar [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Kudos to Matt at OSG again!
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Got my new bengal Sl-2 today...

Pics?????? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

lets see some pics [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      Here I am

Comment

Mmmmm, Bengal! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] You gonna put in yellow DiMarzios? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe,

The ONLY reason why I'm not going with the yellow is that Dimarzio pups are a flat type finish and the yellow doesn't look that good, so I went with black, but still got my gold pole pieces [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The black goes just as well with the Bengal anyway, I have no capability to post pics, but you can see it on Matts site.

Comment

Ah, cool. I didn't know they were a flat finish. The gold pole pieces are a nice touch, though!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Which Pickups do you put in it? The Bengals are damn Nice looking guitars!

If you want to take some pics, you can email them to me, and I can put them on a Hosting site, and Email you the links.

Comment

Congrats on the new guitar. After your all done, please post some pic's. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

joe...
                www.godwentpunk.com
                www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Here is Ricks Guitar.

Comment

Rick dude, you simply must get us pics...you know that if you don't an authorized JCF member will come to your house to relieve you of your instrument...so, post pics, or save the hassle and send me the guitar right away, I'll get you my address.. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool!

Pat

Comment

Man, that thing is so cool [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] You got me thinking Custom Shop Yellow Bengal, single Humbucker,Kahler Pro,black hardware,short scale [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Hey Charlie, I'm putting in the same ones that you have, just black -The Air Norton and a Tone Zone.

Joe,

Dimrzio does have some glossy finisshes, but they told me that it is only on certain pickups, and the ones I wanted aren't on the list [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

As soon as I get the new pickups in, I'll do my best to get a picture of this thing [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey.. haven't seen any of you guys mention these buy they may be cool..

http://www.universaljems.com/cart/bobbin.htm

Comment

Congrats with a new guitar

Comment

Working...
                              X