Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 string guitars

Two questinos:
    Has anyone ever ordered a 7 string from the custom shop and if so how was the guitar?
    Any advice for someone considering getting one built?
    www.quovadis.qc.ca
    www.bartfrydrychowicz.com

Re: 7 string guitars

I'm waiting on mine now - first-ever 7-string bolt-on Warrior [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hi Bart, finally great to see you wandering throughout the rest of the JCF! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Thinking of adding 7-strings to the Quo Vadis setup, yes? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Members "Matt Crooks" and "Michael" both own 7-string custom Soloists and Rhoads, and "Moshwitz" owns the only 7-string custom Death Warrior formerly owned by "nor". Finally, Vince L from Prototype, also a member here, plays a custom 7-string green swirl King V. Must be fantastic guitars!

Advice? Some people say that the regular downward-pointing headstock is too long-looking, but Rusty Cooley's 7-string headstock looks fine to me:

http://www.rustycooley.com/equipment.html

Comment

I'm not a big rusty cooley fan, but that is a _sexy_ guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Whoa! a member of quo vadis! awesome! you guys rock.

Comment

Hey vomiT
          Welcome to the JCF!
          Metallibanger has a custom shop 7 string King V ordered from me several months ago.
          It hasnt arrived yet but it should soon.
          Jackson has extremely high qulaity in the custom shop.

Please let me know if I can help you get a custom shop ordered.
          I have reasonable prices and will walk you thru the entire custom shop form.
          Best wishes!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Advice? Some people say that the regular downward-pointing headstock is too long-looking, but Rusty Cooley's 7-string headstock looks fine to me:

http://www.rustycooley.com/equipment.html

[/ QUOTE ]

The Jackson on the left make me drool... wow...
            Thanks for the warm welcome guys... I'm thinking of getting two ordered some time this year...
            Who else plays in a band here by the way?
            www.quovadis.qc.ca

Comment

I have an EDS 7 soloist, w/ EMG 707's that I scored used off of the 'Bay. Great finish/fretwork, feel, playability. I think you'll enjoy it.
              Stay away from the Takuichi (sp?) trems from what I hear, though I have had no issues w/ the one on my Anderson 7.

Comment

Most of us play in bands here VomiT. Record deals, tight arrangments, and generally good playing, now that's another issue. LOL
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

A warm welcome from me as well VomiT! You'll find that a number of members here either own or are in the process of having their CS guitars built, many of which have gone through me to get them done.

My prices are competitive and you'll find that my 16 years as a Jackson dealer will be of benefit to you throughout the ordering process.

I also offer special discounts to all JCF members on just about everything I sell, so when you have some free time take a look through my site. I'm normally online about 10 hours a day and when I'm not, I've got my phone attached to my head (wireless... gotta love it.). My point is, I'm easy to get in touch with!

Drop me a PM, email or phone call if you have any questions regarding the process of putting together the guitar of your dreams. Just click on the banner at the top of the page to get my contact info and I'll be happy to help!

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I would be one of the aforementioned 7 string owners - I have a CS Soloist 7, in trans black, and it's simply the best guitar I've ever owned. Period. I play in a band with one of the other CS 7 string owners, Matt Crooks, and collectively our 7 strings are equal, or in most cases superior to, any other 7 string on the market.

Bart, NOTP says you're from Quo Vadis? I'm a big fan of the last two discs...

Here's a live pic of my soloist, from Chicago last year.

Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Michael, nice pic, man. I'm checking your band's site now. Nice harmonies and congrats on the Testament gig, I can't wait for the new Testament and Sadus!
                      Here's my pride and joy, I recorded the last record completely with this baby:
                      [image]http://www.quovadis.qc.ca/Photos/3r_gallery/pages/a6.html[/image]
                      www.quovadis.qc.ca

Comment

hmmm images seem not to work... oh well.
                        www.quovadis.qc.ca

Comment

Here Bart, I'll help you out:

The file extension has to be the JPG file for the [image] tags to work properly. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You grew a beard since I last saw the photo of you in the "Day Into Night" CD!

Comment

Extention... DOH, I should have known!
                            I'm to lazy to shave these days hehe, or maybe I'm going for the ZZtop look [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            www.quovadis.qc.ca

Comment

Welcome to the JCF, Bart!

You have several "looks" but I like that you pose with your Jacksons! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X