• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson King Vs

Black Flames..

That'll be absolutely killer!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

My KV1 is feeling a bit lonely at the moment so I`m going to have to find another one, preferably a Warbird Graphic if possible!! These guitars are awesome.

Comment

anyone send in pictures of your King V [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

the KVPro seems neck heavy to me. I tried sitting with it, but the cord from the input jack stabs me in the leg. I'll have to go for a neck thru modle, or a USA select or something. Sitting with a V is weird for me, cuz you have to hold the neck up in order to reach above the 12th fret o.O I donno, i don't like holding a neck up, and i don't like a strap pulling my shirt in a weird direction >.<

Comment

When sitting with a V, you hold the guitar in position with your legs, not your hands. Press your right shin/knee against the inside of the lower wing, and push against the body with your left thigh.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That sounds awesome [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

What the hell is wrong with you people who can't play a V or RR sitting down?!? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] You just drape the wings over your right leg. It's not rocket science.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

kv's are the only kind of guitars I own, 2 kv pro's, a kv-1, and a kv custom. Actually my first electric was a '94 king v std. So yea, Jackson king v's are my favorite of any guitar. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

hey toejam, that's what I say!, I think kv's are easier to play sitting than any other guitar.

I think it's just some myth passed on by word of mouth [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's a picture of my KVX10 prototype. Neckthru, string-thru, and I thru er... threw some EMGs in it. I'm not big on the rosewood board, but the black binding on the neck and headstock is awesome looking. I paid $200 for this thing as I was heading out the door at Jackson. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, must be some weird myth passed down by word of mouth. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        A friend of mine in the early '90s had a King V (Standard? it had dot inlays), and it was very easy to play sitting down. Then again, with my Strat guitars, I play in the classical position with the guitar between my legs, the body over the left leg instead of over just the right one like most people would do.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey Newc, you should check out customairbrush.com Daneen does some amazing work. She has pretty good prices too.

Comment

That's beautiful Black Mariah!, and $200! YOU BASTARD!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

wow... nice steal [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                                When sitting with a V, you hold the guitar in position with your legs, not your hands. Press your right shin/knee against the inside of the lower wing, and push against the body with your left thigh.

Newc
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">&gt;.&lt; Unfortunately, i'm 6'2, so my legs are too long to sit comfortably like that. My right leg would be completely bent as far as it can go if i sat with it like that. Blagh, i'll play standing up lol. I've gotten to the point where its easier ^.^

Comment

Working...
                                X