Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, my graphic's getting to me.

What would you guys do?
    I got this great USA Fusion, but the novelty of the crazy lightning has worn off, and now I don't care for it. It has it's fair share of dings - mostly on the edges/back and the back as an extra clear coat that was sloppily applied over a supposed sig from Lita Ford.
    Would you trade it off, try to find a body to 'swap in' or just live with it? I don't really want to think about a refin, though I think I'd love too.
    I really like this guitar, the HSS combo, it's my only Floyd guitar, and the shape fits.

Well in a perfect world I'd move the vol knob and ditch the boost, I'm getting off topic.

What to do?

When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: OK, my graphic\'s getting to me.

Re-fin...

Pat

Comment

i dunno, that graphic looks pretty original, id feel weird about refinning it.

Comment

Trade it!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Trade it!

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

hey, ive been wondering the last few weeks about starting a "should i do this" sticky where people could give a guitar one last chance to be saved before doing something drastic. you all know, chances are someone would be willing to buy it or trade the same thing making both people happier in the end and keeping one more guitar modded for no reason. anybody here agree?

Comment

I think this one should have been a vote instead, I just don't really want to refin a 'unique' graphic, though it's not pristine.

But then again, Michael Jackson is 'unique' too, and I'm not going to try and save him.
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

sticky is a good idea
                www.quovadis.qc.ca
                www.bartfrydrychowicz.com

Comment

I'd never normally suggest to refin a guitar, especially one with a graphic, but that multi-color Lite-Brite looking lightning should be erased immediately. Yikes.

As a graphic Fusion owner, I would suggest a regular lightning sky, sans colors, or the always tasteful bikini beach... yum.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Reminds me of Lite-Brite! I like it.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Cool guitar but........the colors man, the colors. I wouldn't refin it though. I would look for a donor body that suits me and keep the original in my stash.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I am an advocate of keepig guitars as original as when they come to you so I would try to trade it for something cool (However do not be surprised if no one wants to give you anything cool for it - but its worth a shot!).

My $0.02
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

While the work is cool, I doubt that color scheme is going to generate much interest in buyers. I'd give it a shot selling it as is, and use the money to replace it with a similar guitar (if you really like the guitar). If I couldn't sell it for a reasonable price, I'd refinish it.

Comment

I would say trade/sell it or put the neck on a different body and keep the current body safe. But don't refin it. Who knows, 5-10 years down the road it might be worth something with a unique graphic.

Sadly, as a child of the '80's, I wouldn't mind that graphic despite its colors.
                            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I've never seen a lighting finish like that....I wouldn't refin it. I personally love the way it looks....

Comment

Working...
                              X