Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Custom Shop Weird Shaped Guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom Shop Weird Shaped Guitars?

I'm thinking about getting a custom shop in the future. Does anyone have any experience with the custom shop and how easy they are to work with? I'm want a custom shaped guitar thats made to my own specs. Are custom shaped guitars extremely expensive? [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] Thanks!

Re: Jackson Custom Shop Weird Shaped Guitars?

It's like a $240 upcharge for a custom shape, according to the online quote from. So it's not going to change the overall price by a whole lot.

Comment

That's awesome! Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Do you know how hard the Jackson Custom Shop is to work with by any chance?

Comment

Just get a good dealer to start with, that will help in a big way. Matt's Music is one I can personally recommend, click the banner up top.

As long as you know exactly what you want, shape, etc, you shouldn't have any problems, but be as specific as possible.

Welcome to the forum, BTW...

Let us know how it goes!

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forum, BTW...

Let us know how it goes!

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks buddy! I'll post pictures when it's done! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Some custom shapes are more difficult than others. The Zoraxe had very detailed carving that had to be done by hand and took weeks, whereas the Coors Beer Can Bass for that guy from Brooks&Dunne could probably be done in 20 minutes.
            Then there was Gene Simmon's BattleAxe bass, a guitar to match it, the Machine Gun, the Snubnose.38 guitar, the Spinal Tap Marshall Stack guitar (with detachable bootom "cabinet"), a Formula1 race car with wheels that really turned (rotated AND steered), as well as various other oddball shapes.

As for how difficult they are to work with depends on how much trouble you as a customer cause. If you submit change after change after change, they might seem to ignore you or delay getting back to you until you've submitted your absolute final design, so it's best to take as long as you have to take to get the final design hammered out BEFORE you submit it for an initial price quote.
            I know it's tempting (and logical) to ask them first if they'll even do a particular design, but the Jackson Custom Shop's motto has always been "If you can dream it, we can build it". It may take a while (1 to 3 years or more depending on the design), but unless they totally collapse, they'll do it.
            And it can't have a Strathead [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X