Are KE2Ts still being produced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are KE2Ts still being produced?

I've seen a few pop up at dealers in the past few weeks. KE has one. There's one on E-Bay. And OSG just got one, and it has a dog tag dated April (?).

What's the deal? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] I thought this was a discontinued model? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Are KE2Ts still being produced?

I asked Kevin the same thing today. It's all NOS. Tim found a few (3) at the warehouse and they were sent out.

Comment

The KE-2T is the USA dual hum Floyd Kelly, right? I never heard they were being considered for discontinuation anyway...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Joe, it is the String-Thru tunamatic 2 Hum model, like the RR1T. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
          The KE-2T is the USA dual hum Floyd Kelly, right?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">2 hum Floyd'd is the KE2. No "T". That's definitely still in production. I believe the KE2T (TOM string-through, body binding, no bevels, quilt tops on transparents) was a 2001-only limited run model.

Still confused by that dog tag, though. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Work was done in April `03? Donnie, that doesn't sound like NOS to me. Wouldn't it be odd that they go to the warehouse before final assembly and set-up? And that serial # is up in the 11000 range. Not sure what they're up to now, but that seems pretty high for NOS.

Too bad Jackson doesn't do a run of KE2s - or, even better, RR1s for that matter - with body binding & Floyds. I'd dig that very much. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought the build date and the serial # was odd also. Maybe it was sitting around the warehouse and hadn't had the serial # stamped into it yet? Don't know, just wanna scrape up some cash to snag one now!

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Cretsinger:
              Don't know, just wanna scrape up some cash to snag one now!
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, last chance, except for a used piece. And even then, there probably weren't too many made. Too bad I'm a Floyd guy. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I really dig the specs otherwise.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going thru my non-Floyd stage right now. I've been waiting for these to pop up some where.

Comment

I see, ok. Well, on eBay right now there's a red Ghost Flames KE2T and a single bidder...
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, I saw that, really nice, but I'd rather spend the extra cash for a new one since there's a few available. Warranties are a good thing.

Comment

Looking for KE2T - check with Matt at OnlineStageGear He has a sweet one in stock.

Comment

Yup been looking at that one too. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
                          I believe the KE2T (TOM string-through, body binding, no bevels, quilt tops on transparents) was a 2001-only limited run model.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No bevels? Wasn't that the KE1T?
                          I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Wow!! What graveyard did you dig this post from? It's even got a Spidey post!!

Comment

For some stupid reason I thought i found it on the front page... strange
                              I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Working...
                              X