'84 Rhoads Student project FINALLY finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '84 Rhoads Student project FINALLY finished

This was my first Jackson restoration. I picked this up from yogadork last fall and I have been working on it a little here and there time permitting and I finally buffed it out and assembled it yesterday. I have had a hard time finding a period correct '59 for the neck position, so I used an old "Seymour" model zebra instead. It doesn't look as bad (it doesn't sound bad either). The bridge pickup is an older non-logo'ed Duncan Custom, the pots are '84 CTS and the cap is a CRL. Unfortunately I never scored a set of stock tuners for it, so it has Schaller M6's on it, and they will probably stay as they work perfectly. The guitar set up nice with a minor tweaking of the truss rod and lowering of the saddles. The Kahler arm is kind of cool. The tip is almost worn clean down to brass, so it has a black/brass thing going on. I am very happy with how it turned out and look forward to doing another guitar down the road.

Re: \'84 Rhoads Student project FINALLY finished

Nicely done Jim! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice job on the student. I couldn't help noticing the Coors guitar in the background. That is my all time favorite Jackson period!! It actually haunts me. If I had only had the scratch when it was for sale that baby would be in my stable for sure. The Silver Bullet.....you gotta love it.
      [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks!

Yeah, that Coors Light is an incredible looking and sounding guitar. I sacrificed a few things to get that, but I must say, to me it was worth more than what I paid. It is also nice that its history is well known. I also find it odd how it took Tracy so long to sell that guitar, yet in the brief week and a half-two weeks it has been in my possesion I have had two good offers on it for more than what I paid. I guess it was just meant to be and I am still thankful he worked with me on it. She will be here for a long time.

[ June 30, 2003, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

I smell GOTM for sure on that one.

Comment

GOTM?

Comment

Duh, I figured it out. I be very smart! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

it takes a big man to play a pink guitar [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

What about TWO pink guitars? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, funny how that happens. That both play and sound great, so I chose to deal with the color. It isn't that big a deal.

[ July 02, 2003, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

We're going to have to anoint you King James of San Dimas... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Totally droolworthy collection there.

Comment

Working...
                      X