Another Custom Shop idea - mahogany?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Custom Shop idea - mahogany?

Ok, got another bastardization of a Jackson model [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Should I go with oiled mahogany back (back of body) and neck or poly coated? How does mahogany (mis)behave when oiled?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Another Custom Shop idea - mahogany?

not sure how it misbeahves, but the BEST sounding guitar i ever had was unfinished mahogany with an unfinsihed mahogany neck. it was 100% alive!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have an oiled mahogany strat body with unfinished rosewood neck - it is amazing. I'd see what the folks in the custom shop say but I think you should be fine. They've done them before.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

My Jazz'R has an oiled mahogany neck that behaves just fine.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Gibson SG Specials are frequently unfinished (color, but no clear), so they must be pretty decent.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Coolness [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

If you go with a mahogany neck, they'll only do it with a 3-piece... well unless you want a baseball bat.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Question #2: Anyone know offhand (without having to ask Duncan) if covered Duncan pickups come in trem-spaced? I want covered pickups, and I want a trem, and I'd like trem-spaced pickups.

Comment

I think I saw that as a new thing on SD's website, check the news items to make sure though.

Comment

Troy - Thanks. Just checked and yes they do [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Xeno - Sorry, I missed your post about the 3-piece neck (yes, it took 8 minutes to type that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
                    Thanks for the tip [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Xeno, the SL2H Mahogany models have the 2 piece with the scarf joint. Myself, just to be sure, I am getting my all mahogany cs Soloist with a 3 piece neck. Hamer does it this way, and they stay very stable. I actually think the scarf joint looks cool, but with mahogany, you never know. I wonder what the JJ-2 neck is, 1 piece? Jack.

Comment

i have an all mahogany neckthrough star (from hohner)
                        i stripped the neck cause the finish was damaged
                        all i can say is
                        this neck is incredible now
                        andy

Comment

Working...
                        X