Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jackson owner

Hey,

I got my first Jackson ever last week, a DR-2 with a reverse headstock. I've never even tried a Jackson before, but this is an awesome guitar. I expected it to play well from lurking around here for a while, but mine really sounds great too. It has a Dimarzio Distortion 3 (I think that's what it is called) in the bridge and a 2 in the neck. I don't think those are original, does anyone know? The guitar is from 97 or 98 and was made in Ontario Ca. anyway I am a long time player who has had many (!) (like about 60) guitars through the years and this thing is up there with the best of them. The fine tuners on the bridge seem a little inconsistent though.

Re: New Jackson owner

The DiMarzio Super 3 and Super 2 are not original in the DR2. The original pickups should be cheap Duncan Designed pickups. I don't know about you, but I'd rather take the DiMarzios, and that's funny coming from me who actually doesn't find the Duncan Designed pickups too repulsive. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The bridge is a Jackson JT580LP bridge. If you want to bring it up to a fully-USA specification, it may be swapped out for an Original Floyd Rose bridge with little trouble.

But all in all, these USA DR2s have been really appealing to me lately, especially the all-black ones... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Congratulations, and welcome to the forum! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Typically, pictures of new members' guitars are "mandatory", and if you need a helpful guide on sharing pictures, click on the red text in my signature below. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

those things are killer, i was suspicious of one on the bay a while back and didnt bid, now that i know exactly what they are i kick my self for not dropping $500 on it quick.

chris

Comment

welcome, and can't wait to see those pics.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Piiiiics please!
          And Welcome to the Forum!

Comment

What Toru said
            Pleeeeeeeeeeeze [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            And welcome aboard [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, talk about a delayed reaction! Anyway, I finally put a pic up of my DR22. I've been really liking it. I use it with a Marshall 1/2 stack and it's great for clean and dirty both. I'm still fussing with the setup a bit, but love this guitar (and I like the kind of stripped down vibe it has).

http://www2.bc.edu/~jamesk/guitar.html [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet, no inlays!
                That is one slick lookin guitar!

Comment

Great guitar and welcome to the JCF!

Comment

i almost got one of those once, thay really look killer! iave never seen one in black, thats a really nice color for that guitar

chris

Comment

That is a cool one!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks everyone. I like it 'cause it's "none more black!"

Someone replaced the pickups with dimarzio SD2 in the neck and 3 in the bridge (I think that's what they're called). I'm usually not a big fan of dimarzio but these sound excellent in this guitar. I am a bit surprised how good the cleanish/crunchy sounds are with this guitar. It is very versatile.

Anyway, now my guitar matches the bass player's black bass!

Comment

Working...
                        X