Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1990 Soloist--Keep it, yes or no? Pics inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Soloist--Keep it, yes or no? Pics inside.

$900... This thing is cherry mint other than a tiny discoloring on the hardware, cool blue (Candy Blue)..One owner. Paint gleams like new.

Keep her at that price?

Shawn

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: 1990 Soloist--Keep it, yes or no? Pics inside.

If you have to ask whether you should keep it, I think the answer is no...

Awesome guitar for its age though, probably will make some cash via the 'bay or hook some lucky JCFer with a bad ass guitar.

Comment

$900 is a fair price. It is a cool one though.

Comment

I'd keep it, that's pretty sweet. If you don't like the hardware, swap it out for chrome, I love how chrome and blue looks together. Unless you'd let it go to me for half price. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I hear ya. It belongs to a shop here in town whose owner is a very good friend of mine. He doesnt do too well with pointy headstocks, so when they come in, I get them.

I am just not a fan of emg's (except im my RR's dont know why?), but that can be easily remedied. It really is a nice guitar in incredibly great shape. I may just have to keep it and change the pups. Or, like you said, sell it to someone here. I was just wondering more about the dollars and if they are right.

One more thing, any chance, since this was a special order, that it was made out of some different heavy-ass wood? This bitch has some serious poundage to it and resonates like hell.

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I'd keep it, that's pretty sweet. If you don't like the hardware, swap it out for chrome, I love how chrome and blue looks together. Unless you'd let it go to me for half price. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, a "bro deal", Lord knows they fly my way all the time....Not.
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I'd clean up the hardware of all that orange grimy crap caked on there, clean the frets, oil the board, give it a setup (if needed), and sell it for $1,000 plus shipping... but that's just me... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

These slightly older USAs... they were made maple neckthru poplar body, were they not? That doesn't quite explain the heavy-ass-ness of it though. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

You could order anything you wanted for wood. My old '85 Kelly had ash body wings. My poplar ones have been all over the map weight wise.

Comment

to me its amazing! I love blue and thats a killer color. I say keep her and play her...makes a nice player for sure!

Mike

Comment

I like it, too.
                    I also agree with FS, I'd put chrome on it.

Comment

It would look ridicuously cool with chrome hardware. That finish is too dark to look good with black, imho.

Comment

Shawn keep her. that's exactly like the wine red 89 I
                        picked up last month (has that funky top mounted Schaller
                        with a route underneath it). I cleaned mine up, leveled the
                        frets and I'm waiting for Matt to get some floyds in the
                        store so I can swap the schaller. Mine has turned out to be
                        a real gem, wide neck plays great, mine is heavy too, so I'd be interested if anyone
                        knows what these are made of.
                        Plays and sounds great, I got mine a little cheaper
                        (Pm me if you like) but still at $900.00 not a bad deal.
                        I love mine [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

hmmm I didn't think they had the heel-less neck construction in 1990... All the 90's I've had or seen are Shannon type neck heels.

Either way, nice score. If you decide to keep her she looks like she will probably be a player, if you decide to sell her there is some room for you to make a tad bit of cash. As my gran pappy use to say "nothing wrong with a little silver, it's what makes the world go round" - Ok so I didn't no either of my grandfather's and I made it up.... Who the hell reads my posts anyway. :P

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The big thing here is I don't think anyone else can say sell it or keep it. Does it have mojo? Do you love her appearance? If not! dump her. You have to make that decision, at least in my opinion. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I didn't notice the neck heel, mine is the Shannon type, not heel-less.
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Keep it - cool color dude.

Brett

Comment

Working...
                              X