Abigail Yabarra DID work for Jackson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abigail Yabarra DID work for Jackson!

John Page posted this over at the FDP. I know a few of us wonndered if our Jacksons wondered if it was infact the same person who Masterwinds pickups for the Custom shop. Here is what John said:

"We had our own winders, Tanaka's, we bought them from Jackson Guitars. In fact when I bought them, Abby was working for them (she got caught up in the CBS layoffs of '85). I was fortunate enough to be able to hire her into the CS at that time. "

Re: Abigail Yabarra DID work for Jackson!

Wow...I learn something new everyday.

Comment

Dam Jim, Thanks for the info. I love hearing about the old history stuff.
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

Thanks Jim, great insight.

Abby does wind a mean pup. I have a set of CS '69s (machine wound under her supervision) on a SRV strat and it is just outstanding.
        Last year I received a CS Masterbuilt based on a '69 TM Strat but with some odern appointments. That guitar has Abby's handwound '69 pups and aw my God!. She is a witch on that winder.

Thanks dude!
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

lol..now watch, the Fender guys will be searching out 80's Jackson made pickups because they are made on the machines the CS uses and were likely wound by Abby.

Comment

A whole new door opens!!! LOL

Bye now, gotta go and check my SL-1.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Bwhahahaah!!! Does that means that we will be seeing titles on ebay like "Pre Fender Jackson with original Abidgail Yabbarra hand wound pickups" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

cool info Jim...this came up in that Jackson LTD ebay debate(thread), people posted some hang tags with her name...

cool info, thanks
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Bwhahahaah!!! Does that means that we will be seeing titles on ebay like "Pre Fender Jackson with original Abidgail Yabbarra hand wound pickups"

Fong

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't doubt it. Hopefully *they'll* spell her name right! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

HaHaaa! I love it! Great work Jim. Man, I can't believe they (Fender) would have even considered laying off Abby. But what did they know!
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                    X