how long did it take you to get a custom guitar.whats the wait now

Re: custom wait

Two weeks.

Do you read here, or just post?

Comment

Mine only took 2 1/2 hours [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ July 10, 2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Drsracing ]
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

LOL @ Chuck. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My thoughts exactly.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

From what I recently heard, the lead time on a Custom order is 2 years.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

If you haven't taken the hint already, try reading some threads first. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] This question gets asked constantly.

I just received a custom guitar a few weeks ago, and it took around 15 months. Rumor is they're trying to bring that lead time down but - no pun intended [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] - that will take time.

Comment

Xeno...that's old news man...the new wait on a custom is at least 3 years now!....sheesh!....if it were only 2 years...I would've ordered one already!...LOL! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I was just told by the guitar shop that my wait for the RR1T would be 90-120 days? Here some of you are saying weeks to years? Which is it and is this for all models? Thanks [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

your figure is for a usa select...a custom shop is usually a one-of-a-kind guitar and yes they take upwards of two years...but you get EXACTLY what you want...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I ordered a Custom Lefty SL2H in early April, and I still dont have the delivery date. But I'm pretty sure they finally cut the tree down.

Comment

[ July 12, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: RacerX ]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

YEa 90-120 days sounds right for Usa Select guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX7:
                          Xeno...that's old news man...the new wait on a custom is at least 3 years now!....sheesh!....if it were only 2 years...I would've ordered one already!...LOL! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you kidding me? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm not Jack Welch or anything, but 2 years seems silly even for a customer order. If it takes that long because they already have a go-zillion on the waiting list, then they need to train some more people, and buy some more equipment (the margin on all of those guitars would quickly compensate for the cost).

It *can't* take that long to actually put one of those together.

Perhaps there are only a few orders, but the guys making them are too busy working on production models(?).

Does anyone know how many outstanding custom orders there are at any given time? Also, does anyone know the actual build time for an "average" custom order (not elapsed time, but actual sawing wood, painting and finishing time)?

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by WarriorX7:
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you kidding me? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He's kidding. If you saw the Custom Shop Death Warrior he just got in his other post, it took less than a year to be done. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...1;t=001123;p=2

[ July 13, 2003, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X