custom wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: custom wait

Since English is not my mother tounge, I sometimes feel it's difficult to know when you guys are ironic or not. I know 2 1/2 hours and 2 weeks is BS, but when people say a year, 2 years, 3 years, it's difficult to know what the actually time for a CS is

[edit] Now I saw somebody write that it actually took 15 months for one axe, and less than a year for an other, so I guess that's about how long time it takes

[ July 14, 2003, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: BK ]

Comment

The custom shop wait time is highly variable. If you order a Soloist custom with very few changes from a standard Soloist you'll have to wait a lot less time than someone who orders a full custom. Inlays, graphics, and other things all add time. With most graphics you not only have the normal wait for paint, but probably also the wait for Dan Lawrence to finish up his GMW rounds. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

how long do u think it will take for a 24 fret rr1 with emg's

Comment

Assuming you don't want any sort of special neck inlays or custom finish..

I bet about a year

Yah..you wait for a custom Jackson..but let me tell you, every one I have managed to get a few minutes of fret time on have been some of the best guitars I have ever played.

Comment

My Firebird took one year and 1 month.

Comment

This blows my mind. I work in engineering for a machine shop. We have our own product as well as build over 10,000 different parts for boeing. We have had over 1500 open orders for differnt components at one time, with less than 100 employess. Our lead time was never over 20 weeks. These parts were not sticks with string on them either. Many of them have tolerances of ±.0002". I'm not saying these guitars are EZ to make but give me a break "2 Years" is rediculous. I've only been waiting for mine since early April, but these guys have a serious managment problem if they cant produce orders faster than that.

Comment

My Custom Shops....

1998 24 Fret Rhoads - 7.5 month wait
                1999 24 Fret Pointy Star 7-string - 14 month wait
                2001 24 Fret Rhoads 7-string - 14 month wait
                2002 24 Fret Rhoads 7-string - 13 month wait
                ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

My 2002 Soloist 7 was a 13-month wait.

Mike
                  Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Even the Fender Custom Shop has a 8 month-2 year wait (depending on how truely custom an item is). It is rare to find a place where you can order a truely custom guitar (not pick from a list of options) and get a guitar within a year.

Comment

Cut and paste from Eastonguitars.com:

"Also, Jackson has lowered the turnaround time on orders INCLUDING CUSTOMS! It's now estimated at 120 days after ordering"

Is this true? 120 days for a custom? I need cash

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Crooks:
                        My Custom Shops....

1998 24 Fret Rhoads - 7.5 month wait
                        1999 24 Fret Pointy Star 7-string - 14 month wait
                        2001 24 Fret Rhoads 7-string - 14 month wait
                        2002 24 Fret Rhoads 7-string - 13 month wait
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Excellent info; thanks for weighing in, Matt! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I just printed my custom order for a guitar I hope I will be submitting pretty soon, and on that printout it states, "Custom guitars take 4 to 12 months for delivery." So, 120 days is the bare minimum.
                          I bet mine will take 12 months. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                          Brian

Comment

"Custom guitars take 4 to 12 months for delivery."
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It has said that on the form for the last 3 years. They are "TRYING" to make the 4 months become reality now that Fender has the reins.

Matt

Comment

The window for delivery is now 120 days, no matter what you order.

The reason for the previous sick times was in fact bad management. AMIC basically had to bend over and take it from Guitar Center and all the other major retailers. Orders from other retailers were put on hold whenever GC called up. Not anymore. Now orders are filled in the order they were received. So when GC orders 10 SL-1's, they have to wait their turn. Nor more of this "GC called, so all these orders here get it in the ass." BS.

Comment

That's what I figured, BM. Just waiting for confirmation from someone who was actually there! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X