custom wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: custom wait

It was totally f**ked at one point. They switched from one inventory software to another, so we got to spend a week barcoding all the guitars in the warehouse. They get the new stuff running, and end up doing everything the same way they did before. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

This is the timeline of my custom order:

- May / 17 / 2002
      I ordered my guitar through my local dealer and throgh my national distributor

- June / 12 / 2002
      Tim Wilson contacted me the first time to check some open specs and details

- June / 13 / 2002
      I got the final quote

- June / 20 / 2002
      I got the order confirmation.
      The work order form said estimated completion date January 2003.

- December 2002
      The custom shop still estimated the completion date around January - 15 - 2003

- January / 2003
      Due to the Winter NAMM, my guitar got delayed

- Shortly after the Winter NAMM 2003
      The building of my guitar started

- March / 2003
      My guitar came into the paint shop, waiting for Dan Lawrence

- May / 13 / 2003
      Dan Lawrence did my paint Job

- May / 16 / 2003
      My guitar returned back from Dan Lawrence

- mid June / 2003
      My guitar has been completed

- June / 27 / 2003
      My guitar has been sent to the Fender warehouse in Corona, where she arrived one day after

- Today
      My guitar is still at the Fender warehouse in Corona. Fender did not ship the guitar yet. There is still no answer from Fender when my guitar will be shipped.

Comment

While 120 days would be very cool for custom shop orders, I kind of doubt it. Hope for that, but expect to wait much longer. I'm thinking it'll take some time (...no pun intended [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ) for them to wind that window down by more than 2/3rds of the prior waits. Change usually happens gradually, not overnight.

As Sammy Hagar once said: "only time will tell if we stand the test of time." [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X