Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 San Dimas RR custom

First post, eh? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: 1986 San Dimas RR custom

OMG! He's Dr.X!

[ July 11, 2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
      OMG! He's Dr.X!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The man with the cure!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Going from an RR1 to an ESP is a downgrade in my opinion.

Matt

Comment

just watch the television, yeah you'll see there's something going on... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...good pic racerx...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

nice photo Ron...funny deer in the headlights look going on (or get the fuggin camera outta here) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Matt (and others), why do you think that going from a Jackson RR Custom to an ESP Custom be a downstep? And I am curious why everyone is staying away from price estimates. I am not necessarily looking for bids and probably don't want to sell it. But, would be interested in knowing a rough value range since most RR's I have seen in the classified and on e-bay are not San Dimas vintage.

thanks,
              mp

mp

Comment

I am avoiding rough estimates because I see so many different prices around that its hard to pick one and use it. I have seen San Dimas Rhoads Customs with prices that have a 50% gap. It depends on what someone is willing to pay for it at this very moment. On eBay you may get only a lukewarm response, and the price wont go that high, or you will get two people who feel they NEED that guitar and bid the crap out of it. Its a tough call in this economy.

The last San Dimas Rhoads Custom I saw for sale in person was a 1985 model in dark maroon (almost black) with brass hardware, very clean. It was tagged $800. It sat there the entire guitar show and never sold.

Comment

agreed...it is a matter of finding the right buyer...i just sold a black rr1 (not sd) for 600...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

That's probably your spread right there.

Also, I think we're a little leary of giving vaule calls not only because of the reasons mentioned above, but also because there have been several folks (not saying you) who have come here with this very question and days later list it for sale here at the price estimated, then wonder why it dosen't sell and figure we're a bunch of jerks.

They may be right on that last part [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , but that's why you're not getting a straight answer.

[ July 11, 2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Chuckracer ]

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                      That's probably your spread right there.

Also, I think we're a little leary of giving vaule calls not only because of the reasons mentioned above, but also because there have been several folks (not saying you) who have come here with this very question and days later list it for sale here at the price estimated, then wonder why it dosen't sell and figure we're a bunch of jerks.

They may be right on that last part [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , but that's why you're not getting a straight answer.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh yeah, we're a bunch of jerks, that's for sure, but we're nice jerks..........
                      at least when we want to be... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

By the way Ron, you really like showing off that mug of yours don't you........ [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;

[ July 11, 2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

1986 San Dimas RR custom

I have a 1986 Randy Rhoads Custom (Serial Number RR-1854, one of the less than 2000 built when Jackson was in San Dimas). It is Orange with Black plate/knobs, chrome hardware, original FR tremolo, and a pair of Jackson humbucker pickups. Orange might seem a little odd, but I am a huge fan of the San Francisco Giants and Halloween, so the Orange and Black color scheme makes sense to me at least.

Anyway, the guitar is in very good condition. The only damage is cosmetic, with a small (1/4") chip where the front and top meet (roughly located halfway down the body, i.e. if you were to draw a perpendicular line between the pickups). Also there are miniscule chips where the the tips of the fins have been bumped (literally just enough to show microscopic parts of the white primer).

I am not necessarily looking to sell soon, but am thinking about getting a custom ESP eclipse sometime in the next year and haven't decided whether or not I will keep the RR or sell it to fund part of that purchase.

Any estimates for its current value?

Like I said, I am more curious and will in all likelihood keep it. I know that prices can be all over the map depending on what someone is willing to pay. However, the people in this forum seem pretty knowledgeable and may be able to help determine a fair value.

Thanks,
                        mp

Comment

Yup! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And my bike too!

Fear me, for I have an Imagestation account! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Big Bike for a Big Man..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            Does he have a Big Guitar to go with the rest? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey,,,,,that's really nice Ron!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X