My New SLATQH from DCGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New SLATQH from DCGL

Here are some links to pictures of my new Trans Blue SLATQH purchased from Jason at DrumCityGuitarLand.com. He gave me a great deal, was easy to deal with and even threw in a Jackson Guitars hat! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The guitar is sweet! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Give me your opinion on whether I should put the ivory EMGs that I got from Tattoed Carrot in this ax.
    SLATQH #1
    SLATQH #2
    SLATQH #3
    SLATQH #4

Re: My New SLATQH from DCGL

Beautiful! I wonder why they didn't put gold pickup bezels to match the hardware? (too gaudy, maybe?)
    Either way, it looks sah-weet.

IMO, the ivory EMGs wouldn't look too good.

Comment

Very Nice guitar you have there....I think the Ivory EMG's could be striking [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] but may become tired(visually) [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] after a while. Are you looking for a different tone or just a cosmetic change? The oiled neck [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] is really a cool feature on the new SLATQ guitars.
      [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by FZRod:
        Very Nice guitar you have there....I think the Ivory EMG's could be striking [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] but may become tired(visually) [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] after a while. Are you looking for a different tone or just a cosmetic change? The oiled neck [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] is really a cool feature on the new SLATQ guitars.
        [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I bought the ivory EMGs to put in a Jackson USA Telecaster, which I sold after I bought this SLATQH. After I sold the Tele, I was 95% sure I was going to put them in this one. But now, I'm not so sure. I like the sound of the JB in the bridge and I have always liked a 59 in the neck.

We'll see.

Comment

Are the pickups bezel flat or slightly arched? I'm in the process of ordering a trans green one and I want to put gold bezels on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Cretsinger:
            Are the pickups bezel flat or slightly arched? I'm in the process of ordering a trans green one and I want to put gold bezels on it.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Bezels are flat.

Comment

Fritzreiser, when u say Ivory EMG's do you mean the 25'th anniversary chrome ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon:
                Fritzreiser, when u say Ivory EMG's do you mean the 25'th anniversary chrome ones?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, I mean Ivory EMG like this:

Comment

That's a pretty sick looking axe...WOW....

You live in a nice neighborhood too!!!

Comment

How's that tung oiled mahogany neck feel/play?

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Cretsinger:
                      How's that tung oiled mahogany neck feel/play?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This guitar is a dream to play. This is only my second brand new Jackson; the other was a WR-1. I have to say that this one plays just about as nice as the Warrior, which is incredible. The back of the neck is textured but very smooth.

I waffled on this one for quite a while before I pulled the trigger, but I am very glad that I did. It is a very classy looking guitar with a ton of muscle. Again, I am pleasantly surprised how good the JB sounds in this mahogany guitar.

Comment

She shore is purdy!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sweet one! Congrats.

Comment

Gorgeous! I'm in the market for a string-thru like that.

BTW - does anyone know why some makers makers stagger the string-thru holes, and others do not (like Jackson)? Is it just aesthetic?

Comment

Sweet!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I took the JB/'59 combo out of my mahogany set-neck/mahogany body Hamer (with 3/8" maple top), as I thought the JB was still lacking some low end. I actually put in the EMG 25th anniversary chrome 81 set, and the guitar sounds much better, IMO.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X