X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xtreme rhoads

what the hell's that! whats the diff between that and the rhoads

Re: Xtreme rhoads

The XTRR (otherwise known as the Dinky Rhoads) was originally made for Dan Spitz of Anthrax. It's a smaller body version of the Rhoads. Dan's models had reverse sharkfins and standard headstocks. The producion XTRR had reverse headstock and sharkfins, was released in 2000, I believe, and discontinued in 2001 or 2002.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

do u have a pic.where can i find a pic.is the rhoads like the rr1?

Comment

They've got one volume control, 3-way toggle switch, Floyd (rear-routed electronics... meaning no pickguard). I almost bought one with blue ghost flames a couple years ago off ebay, but I passed on it. Someone here has one with a snakeskin finish, and there are a few board members here who have others. Here's a couple from the gallery. This one's the string-thru body prototype.

Black cherry NAMM 2000 guitar with Floyd.

Comment

i dont see any diff

Comment

The body is smaller. Like a Soloist/Dinky body is 7/8" the size of a full Strat body, the XTRR is like that to the regular RR. You'd have to see the two next to each other to really be able to tell. I've got a couple catalogs that show them together, and you can tell. I don't have a scanner to show you, but maybe someone else has a pic.

Comment

The guitar is great, but I HATE the word Xtreme, Extreme, or any other spellings. It makes me feel like I'm in a Mountain Dew commercial!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Ace, what do you think of the ART Xtreme pedal?
                I think it's extremely heavy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ace, don't you think RacerX can be extremely antagonistic sometimes? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

How bout just XTRR? I like it.

prsk87; Just so you don’t get confused, the first pic Toe posted is the XTRR prototype but the second one (NAMM 2000) is the Production prototype. Just so ya know and just so I can brag about my baby! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] (2nd pic)

[edit] Oh yeah, the amp behind the NAMM 2000 is also a prototype! Circa 1930! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] All tube baby!!! Yeahhh!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ July 16, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Dave ]
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Yeah I really like how you put a black cherry guitar in front of a black cherry piece of furniture - really makes the guitar stand out [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hmm, now I'm thinking I want an Exxxtreme Mountain Dew graphic on my next guitar!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                        Ace, don't you think RacerX can be extremely antagonistic sometimes? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

How bout just XTRR? I like it.

prsk87; Just so you don’t get confused, the first pic Toe posted is the XTRR prototype but the second one (NAMM 2000) is the Production prototype. Just so ya know and just so I can brag about my baby! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] (2nd pic)

[edit] Oh yeah, the amp behind the NAMM 2000 is also a prototype! Circa 1930! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] All tube baby!!! Yeahhh!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">..........Yeah I have to look at that ugly thing every now and then at practice [Daves XTRR] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] he's also got a trans green 3/4 size jay truner strat he says he bought it for his kids but I think he secretly likes it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] post pics now man [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

[img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Just thougth I'd show off my new XTRR

Comment

Congrats, Hammer! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] that's awesome!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X