1990's Warbird Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990's Warbird Warriors

Ok, I know a few members have owned some of the original 1990/91 Warbird Warriors (including myself [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) and have been wondering how many variations there are/were? This was at the start of the "Jackson USA" line (which later became the USA Select line), but weren't these made in the same manner; batches of 10 or 12 of each model?

If so, then theoretically there should be about 24 1990/91 USA Warriors out there. I've seen the Saturn Warrior ( [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] ), the Lightning Sky Warrior, a few others (black, white, red, etc) and three different Warbirds. I'm mainly wanting info on the Warbirds, though.
    From the ones I've seen, the major difference is the pinup girl featured. I've seen two different redheads (one with shoes, the other without) and the Blonde is in the 1990 catalog, and there's mine with the topless girl in a flowered sarong.
    I'm wondering also if they did these as region-specific (i.e. mine seems to be a South Pacific theme like "Pearl Harbor" or "Midway", the redhead would most likely be East Coast, and the blonde would be West Coast). Anyone know if that's the case? If so, there must be a Tuskeegee model, right?
    Anyway, if anyone has pics of their original Warbird Warrior, please post them here. If you wish to remain anonymous (to avoid the "Dude, sell me that guitar" emails), email me the pics and I'll host them.

Here's mine:
    "Pearl"

Newc

[ July 17, 2003, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: 1990\'s Warbird Warriors

Who's got the one with the redhead with the sweet face? That blonde is kinda skanky looking. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here's one of the Redheads (with shoes)

Newc

[ July 17, 2003, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Newc, "you're really bugging me man"......(what movie is that quote from??).
        I have never seen nor heard of the Warbird and because of you I now have to have one. They are way way cool. Thanks... no really... thanks for the pics and the info.

Comment

Newc, can you clarify your logic on why there's about 24 Warriors with that paint graphic? When the USA Production guitars are built in batches of 10 to 12, are you certain that means unique batches? That is, all Warriors, or all Soloists? From the spring of 1990 to the end of the "original" USA Production series, Soloists were mostly made, then Rhoads, then Warriors. There were no other USA neck through models in the line. Also, there were 10 graphic finishes and about 20 color schemes available on the Production USA's.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Joe, I didn't say there were 24 with that graphic - I said there were 24 total (all available finishes). Assuming the Warriors were produced for 2 years (1990 and 1991) in batches of 12 (at most), there would theoretically be 2 runs of each model (Soloist, Dinky, Warrior, Kelly, Rhoads, etc), making 24 of each model. If each model was available with 4 different finish options, and the Warbird was one of them, then that would mean a 3rd of the Warriors (8) would have the Warbird graphic.
            I emailed Dan and asked about them (if he painted them or if he knew who did and/or how many there were) and he said he was at Jackson today and asked about them for me - he was told they did between 5 and 7 Pinup Warbirds, and the ones he painted DID NOT have the pinup chicks on 'em (the Amir models and other airplane graphic models, I assume).

Newc

Comment

Here is another variation of the Warbird Warrior. I guess this is the other redhead version Newc speaked of.

Flo
              http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Dam, I`d love to have one those [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                X