SLATQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLATQ

I am this close ' ' to ordering one thru OSG. Any opinions form anyone who owns one/ played one ? My fear is the neck. I had an SL2GX and hated the " speed neck ".

Re: SLATQ

Mine will be here tomorrow, I know it does not have the speed neck on it. Specs on the neck are (3rd fret) .790-.850 (12th fret). Oil finished Mahogany neck. I snagged the Trans Green one.

Comment

Hey Fritz,
      How's the action on that? Can ya get it pretty low without major buzz?

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Cretsinger:
        Hey Fritz,
        How's the action on that? Can ya get it pretty low without major buzz?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, DCGL set it up pretty low for me with 9s. I really love the way is feels. No buzz at all!

Comment

I have a SLAT Q90 I'm willing to part with. It is one I bought from FZROD earlier this year. I'll have pictures sometime this weekend. Contact me at [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by pitboss:
            I am this close ' ' to ordering one thru OSG. Any opinions form anyone who owns one/ played one ? My fear is the neck. I had an SL2GX and hated the " speed neck ".
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You won't be disappointed with the SLATQH! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Truly a beautiful guitar that plays like a dream. The oil-finished neck is so sweet to play. Are you thinking about the Trans-Blue one on Matt's sight? If so, nice choice.

Comment

Got my SLATQH today! It was definately more than I was expecting as a player. Can anyone host some pics for me?

Comment

Got my SLATQH today! It was definately more than I was expecting as a player. Can anyone host some pics for me?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Send 'em to me Donnie, I'll host for ya. Congrats! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks, highly appreciated.

Comment

Here are links to Donnie's SLATQH. Too Sweet!
                    SLATQH #1
                    SLATQH #2
                    SLATQH #3
                    SLATQH #4
                    SLATQH #5

Comment

Hey Donnie,
                      Did you change the controls knobs to the Gold Dome type or were they as stock. The oiled neck is my favorite SLATQH feature. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

The only thing I did to it was change string gauges and adjust the truss rod slightly. Everything you see in the picture is exactly how I received it. The neck rules!

Comment

http://www.collectguitars.com/Gear/BColeman.htm

I have a pair of them that I ordered new last year, and they are some of the best guitars in my collection. The tops are flawless, and I love the unfinished mahogany neck with the Gibson scale length. I also changed the string gauge to 9's and tweeked the truss rod, but that's it. I recommend these guitars 100%.

Brett

Comment

That's strange, the scale length on mine 25.5".

Comment

The only thing I did to it was change string gauges and adjust the truss rod slightly. Everything you see in the picture is exactly how I received it. The neck rules!
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">cool guitar Donnie ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] how'd the move go ? must be nice there ! glad to see ya back !!! //Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X