My first Kelly..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Kelly..

My first Kelly has arrived! I wanted this thing so bad since I saw it at the Philly show. Thanks to Eric for cutting me a deal!

It is an '85 and it is the only Kelly I can find in the J0001-J1000 logs in transparent red. The hardware is pretty crusty. I will give it a work out after I clean and set it up. I just need to find a gold/brass Kahler trem arm and a gold or brass Jackson switch tip to make this complete.

Re: My first Kelly..

Jim..CONGRATS!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I Love Kellys. SWEET!
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Congratz! I want that Kelly so bad

Comment

I'd still take Kelly the check out girl over that 1.
        Mmmmmmm
        Kelly [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ....................

Comment

Very nice!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

nice [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks!

It cleaned up nicely. It has one high fret I am going to have to dress out, but thats okay. After intonating and setting it up, it sure plays great! It has factory Jackson pickups in it, which are kind of lacking, so I will be thinking of something else to throw in it.

I like how well the body shape balances. Its a little more comfortable than an Explorer.

Pulverizer, I stand corrected, this is my second Kelly [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Jim, very nice one there! I love red with gold hardware. Is it a translucent red or solid? Well, I have a gold aftermarket Kahler trem arm, if you're interested in it, drop me an email. Also, JCF member "BeCalvert" sells the gold plated switch tips. And Carvin sells the all gold (except the switch tip) switch, complete with gold shaft and screws.

Joe
                [email protected]
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks Joe! I will inquire about the tip when I find him. I emailed Kevin Easton too, just incase. I will shoot you an email for an arm.

The guitar is translucent red, so you can see the woodgrain. I swear I can see some pearlescent or extremely fine metallic powder in the finish as well. It is either mixed in, or under the transparent red, so there is a very fine, almost need a magnifying glass to see it red metallic color going on. The 'wings' are nicely grained and run in a matching pattern, so they no doubt paid attention to match the two sides up.

[ July 18, 2003, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Stunning!

Comment

nice axe Jim !!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Nice one Jim! You always find the good stuff. That's killer dude.
                        See my post. I need your help.

Jim

Comment

Email me and I'll give you my adress. Then send that Kelly to ME!!!!!!!!!

j/k bro...

That's one sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet axe [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I've been staring at that on Eric's websight for months now but he wanted too much for his Jackson's. Glad too see someone get it. That thing is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I got it for a real good price. I personally played it at the Philly show and that was what really made me want it (I felt it was worth the asking price at that point), but the deal he cut me made it a no brainer.

Comment

Working...
                              X