1985 SD soloist custom gold sparkle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 SD soloist custom gold sparkle

jjst got this from Archtop (eric)...SUPER nice guitar. i had forgotten how good the early soloists are. get them now before they rise up in value like the SD Charvels. i would have traded TWO bolt on neck charvels for a guitar like this back in the day, believe me :-)

she's going to the gig TONIGHT too!

Re: 1985 SD soloist custom gold sparkle

ahhhhhhhhh pictures, pictures! [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
    oh and I know what you mean I've been thinking about a
    San Dimas soloist now for a while.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Congrats! Great ax!

PICTURES!!!!!!
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

if you look in the clasifieds section, under the ad for "gold sparkle soloist root beer SLAT etc" the pics are there. it's a great guitar, J1588, nearly minty fresh new, it's AMAZING...it is certainly a different neck than the recent SL2H i had, and various late 80's and 90's soloist customs. and it's completely stock, except for the schaller strap lock posts!

Comment

I used to have J1568. It was a 1986.

Comment

looks like a pruple student soloist....did that guitar come from thoroughbred music? even from the small photo, it looks familiar...

Comment

here's a link to the cool photos by eric:

http://chaoskaty.home.mindspring.com/gold.htm

Comment

Yes, it is a student model. I bought it from the original owner, though it very well could have made its way to Thoroughbred after I sold it.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, all I can say is "pimpin!" LOL!
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I am jealous! Congrats! I wanted it to go with my Silver Sparkle but couldn't move gear quick enough. He offered to hold it but I didn't want him to miss a sale, so I let it go. Thanx again to Archtop for the offer to hold it. He's a super dude, and again.....Congrats you lucky bastard! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

manyaxes...it is indeed a great soloist. i am just stunned at the condition. no belt buckling, almost no wear at all. truly 98%...i saw this guitar months ago, but couldn't get it then...i am sort of reluctant to make it a working axe, because it's in such nice original condition. i keep saying it...these early SD soloists will rise in price, get them now while they still hover around $1000. archtop is a great seller, and the guitar came set up with .010s, and it plays very well right out of the case. going to the gig tonight. i'll have to watch my big rawk belt buckle though :-)

Comment

Great score, it looks sweet!

Comment

took goldie to the gig last night...sounded good, felt good, etc. the soloists seem to have a very present, slightly compressed sound. it's hard to describe. i got lots of comments on the "big pimpin" finish. i like the note definition and the sheer amazing playability of the guitar. although i have a LOT of balls to play a pointy headstock guitar in a band that is nowhere near a metal band...i'm so damn uncool :-)

Comment

I'm very happy the guitar is working out for ya Bobby!
                            That guitar had probably the sweetest neck I ever played.
                            I love the old SD Soloists, but unfortuntely they all came with temolos.
                            And yes, this one is from 1986, but I don't see why it is any different than one made in 1985.
                            The move to Ontario didn't happen until the end of '86 right?

Comment

Mid '86 was the move and much changed early in the year. But that early a number will be most like a mid-late 1985 Soloist almost exactly.

Comment

Working...
                              X