Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the RR1 hard to play sitting down?

Read the title.

Re: Is the RR1 hard to play sitting down?

From what I've heard: No [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

yes, just as hard as all V bodied guitars are.

Comment

Nope. It's EASY, if not better than sitting down with a strat body guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
          Nope. It's EASY, if not better than sitting down with a strat body guitar.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Word, you gotta explain this one to me. I have had numerous V's and a few Rhoads and they all slide right off your leg unless you use a strap. I assumed that he was asking about sitting down without a strap. The question would be pointless if he was going to use a guitar strap.

Comment

You put the lower wing(shorter wing if a Rhoads) in between your legs and it puts the guitar up in a classical position(which is the best way for you anyway).

It makes it real easy to play.

Comment

I actually used to do that. It was the only way to keep the guitar from sliding down. I also had a few top heavy v's that I would use that position even standing up. I just don't get how you could think that positioning a Rhoads between your legs could be more comfortable than a strat bodied guitar but different strokes for different folks I guess. Since I have been playing them I have always thought that the Rhoads or any other V style guitar were meant to be played standing up or sitting down as long as you have a strap.

Comment

I recall reading somewhere that Randy actually wanted the lower horn shorter so that you could sit down and have the guitar positioned in the standard classical guitar orientation.

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                  You put the lower wing(shorter wing if a Rhoads) in between your legs and it puts the guitar up in a classical position(which is the best way for you anyway).

It makes it real easy to play.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Once you get used to this position, which shouldn't take long (took me 5 minutes [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ), you'll never want to sit with a strat again. This is 13x better
                  I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

All Jacksons are suprisingly ergonomic. The Rhoads is cake to play sitting down...just takes a short while to get used to. I like it quite a lot actually. Even the Kelly works perfect sitting down...although standing up it takes big time neck-dive...but you can't have everythign I guess.

Comment

When I play my strat shaped guitars I actually balanced them on my LEFT leg, putting them up in the classical postion, just like the RR1 sits when you put the "V" over your right leg. It's always fun to watch the doofusi in music stores try and play a V sitting down like a strat and get all frustrated when they keep sliding out underneath them.

[ July 24, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
                        When I play my strat shaped guitars I actually balanced them on my LEFT leg, putting them up in the classical postion, just like the RR1 sits when you put the "V" over your right leg.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the same way I've always played. I just can't get used to any guitar over my right leg.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like it much better than hunkering over a guitar on my right leg with the neck down real low.

Comment

Same here. And I feel like my body twists too much to the right trying to play that way.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm with Ace on this one. This is the way I sit with all my guitars. Just more comfy to me with the neck at that angle.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X